Photos SOS 2023

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
As usual some photos taken today at the SOS in Louisville KY USA:
IMG_3800.jpeg
I have no clue as to what this helmet is, the spike does not match up with the wappen.
IMG_3803.jpeg
IMG_3807.jpeg
James had these hauben for sale.
IMG_3811.jpeg
War time Bavarian officer, zinc fittings.
IMG_3812.jpeg
Uberzug Regt. 6 which came with this helmet.
IMG_3813.jpeg
Kinder helme, miniature helmet, salesman sample?? Extremely small but perfect Saxon.
IMG_3815.jpeg
Columbian with broken wappen and trichter. Original leather chinstrap was also present.
IMG_3816.jpeg
Missing wing.
IMG_3817.jpeg
IMG_3818.jpeg
M15 Beamte
IMG_3819.jpeg
A new faker method....putting M91 end fittings on original scales! :(
IMG_3820.jpeg
An oldie with missing chin strap and orb cross. Rear visor also needed restitch.
IMG_3821.jpeg
All for now, more to come. My thanks to Alan for describing what happens at the SOS during the first day. I would also appreciate a bit of patience from the membership regarding photos. As Amy said, I take my camera with me when ever I get a break from trying to sell items and have a chance to walk through the rows of 2,000 tables. At the SOS, I am a seller, a collector and a forum member so things are quite busy. I have taken many photos today and will again for as long as the Show lasts. These will all be posted guys, I assure you.

Last edited:
As usual some photos taken today at the SOS in Louisville KY USA:
View attachment 30186
I have no clue as to what this helmet is, the spike does not match up with the wappen.
View attachment 30187
View attachment 30188
James had these hauben for sale.
View attachment 30189
War time Bavarian officer, zinc fittings.
View attachment 30190
Uberzug Regt. 6 which came with this helmet.
View attachment 30191
Kinder helme, miniature helmet, salesman sample?? Extremely small but perfect Saxon.
View attachment 30192
Chilean (?) with broken wappen and trichter. Original leather chinstrap was also present.
View attachment 30193
Missing wing.
View attachment 30194
View attachment 30195
M15 Beamte
View attachment 30196
A new faker method....putting M91 end fittings on original scales! :(
View attachment 30197
An oldie with missing chin strap and orb cross. Rear visor also needed restitch.
View attachment 30198
All for now, more to come. My thanks to Alan for describing what happens at the SOS during the first day. I would also appreciate a bit of patience from the membership regarding photos. As Amy said, I take my camera with me when ever I get a break from trying to sell items and have a chance to walk through the rows of 2,000 tables. At the SOS, I am a seller, a collector and a forum member so things are quite busy. I have taken many photos today and will again for as long as the Show lasts. These will all be posted guys, I assure you.
Thanks
More when you can
Steve

Brian
I look forward to getting in tomorrow and seeing what is left 😎See you, James and the rest of Y’all
John

Thank you for the photos.It is a pity that such fairs do not exist in Europe.

It is my understanding that the show at Ciney in Belgium is the 2nd largest military show in the world, after the SOS in Louisville, Kentucky. Someone correct me if I am wrong. It is held two times per year, in the spring time and in the fall.

Here is a video from the Ciney show in October 2022:

Here's another longer video of Ciney this last October 2022:

There is also a large outdoor show at La Gleize in the Belgian Ardennes. I understand it is the 2nd largest military show in Europe.

Here is a video of the La Gleize show from 2022 that was posted on another forum.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that the show at Ciney in Belgium is the 2nd largest military show in the world, after the SOS in Louisville, Kentucky. Someone correct me if I am wrong. It is held two times per year, in the spring time and in the fall.

Here is a video from the Ciney show in October 2022:

Here's another longer video of Ciney this last October 2022:

There is also a large outdoor show at La Gleize in the Belgian Ardennes. I understand it is the 2nd largest military show in Europe.

Here is a video of the La Gleize show from 2022 that was posted on another forum.

Everything beautiful,but from this video I see only one pickelhaube.Helmets from the Second War I will dig the originals out of the ground,it is worse with items from the German Empire.As recently as three years ago, I was pulling helmets out of the ground in the condition as shown in the photo.Regards

Attachments

• DSC07948.JPG
    DSC07948.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC07947.JPG
    DSC07947.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC07944.JPG
    DSC07944.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC06409.JPG
    DSC06409.JPG
    900 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC06404.JPG
    DSC06404.JPG
    721.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC06515.JPG
    DSC06515.JPG
    969.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC06520.JPG
    DSC06520.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
More photos:
IMG_3811.jpeg
Bavarian wartime officer with R 6 uberzug.
IMG_3812.jpeg
Stenciled uberzug, the 6 is easily seen but the R although there, is not so visible.
IMG_3803.jpeg
My apologies for the blurred picture.
IMG_3804.jpeg
IMG_3825.jpeg
M15
IMG_3826.jpeg
IMG_3829.jpeg
Swedish helme with trichter.
IMG_3831.jpeg
Age of Kings table.
IMG_3832.jpeg
A of K
IMG_3833.jpeg
IMG_3834.jpeg
Tony Cowan table.
IMG_3837.jpeg
Bavarian Police
IMG_3839.jpeg
Ugly fire officer helmet. More to come.

More photos:
View attachment 30219
Bavarian wartime officer with R 6 uberzug.
View attachment 30220
Stenciled uberzug, the 6 is easily seen but the R although there, is not so visible.
View attachment 30221
My apologies for the blurred picture.
View attachment 30222
View attachment 30223
M15
View attachment 30224
View attachment 30225
Swedish helme with trichter.
View attachment 30226
Age of Kings table.
View attachment 30227
A of K
View attachment 30228
View attachment 30229
Tony Cowan table.
View attachment 30230
Bavarian Police
View attachment 30231
Ugly fire officer helmet. More to come.
Brian
Thanks for the photos
Steve

Even though I am not at the show this year, a friend sent me some photos of helmets from Jim Turinetti's collection. These are on Ken's tables of "Der Rittmeister". Jim has set up with Ken at the show for several of the past years.

Some may recognize a few FAdj helmets from Jim's collection which were posted on the forum here, a while back.

It's my understanding that many if not all of these helmets may be Jim's. But possibly some are Ken's helmets. I'm not 100% certain.

Jim Turinetti helmets 1.jpg

Jim Turinetti helmets 2.jpg

Jim Turinette helmets 3.jpg

Jim Turinetti helmets 4l.jpg

Jim Turinetti helmets 5.jpg

Jim Turinetti helmets 6.jpg

Jim Turinetti helmets 7.jpg

Jim Turinetti helmets 9.jpg

I had a few scouts out as well, the show looked very promising! Unfortunately no DR. 25, 24 or PR. 14 items though

Back