Pickelhaube Cookie Jar ?

pickelhauben

Hey Guys,
I was kicking around the idea of making Pickelhaube cookie jars .
Either ceramic or food safe resin.
Either a 1842 style or 1895 Dragoon officers style .
The 1842 would be life sized about 12-16 inches tall or do the 1895 style that would be around 12 inches tall .
The dragoon style has the square front visor leading to stability
They would be fully painted ready to go on your counter tops ready to be filled .
Both will have the cross spike base that I will make as the lid rounding from cross tip to tip.
This would allow even the biggest hand to get down and grab those cookies !
Resin would be easier for me because I work in that medium almost every day.
The ceramic I would have to out source.
Est cost would be about $250 I have no idea how much the ceramic would cost .
Maybe the same maybe a little more.
Usually when I do a project,I will get 10 people to comit then I will start the project.
Let me know if there is any interest.

WOW

Only 1 and a 1/2 responses .
Thought there would be more.
The possibility of this coming to fruition may have left like a goat down a crooked path .

I like the idea, maybe there would be more interest if you could show off a prototype? 250 is a lot to commit to sight unseen. I hope your dream becomes a reality!

I’d love an 1895 but I too would like to see an example before committing $250.

Usually when I am about to make a new ( model ) item I put it out there to see if there is any interest.
If I get 10 guys to say they want one I will go ahead with the prototype .
If there is 5 or less it would be a waste of time and money to make up the proto.
I put the cookie jar idea to see if there is interest.
So far only 3-1/2 guys are interested .

Yes I do
I am a professional modeler
Check out Ottos Social Forum and go to " My 2 -1/2 Year Project "
Compared to all of those prototypes this will be a walk in the park.
Considering I will probably be using real parts of a pickelhaube.

I'm sorry but $250 + worldwide shipping, taxes and duties is too much for me. But I hope you will find enough buyers, because I love the idea an would really love to see the jar. (y)

After more thought and talking to a forum member I think I may just press on with this idea with some changes.
I plan on using a 1871 style as my base master and it will be made of a durable resin.
The 1871 style has the lines of a dragoon but with a standard officer plate.
The larger size of the older helmet leads to a bigger shell.
I plan on using a clear glass cookie jar that will nestle inside of the pickelhaube cookie jar.
This way the cookie jar can be washed if needed.
I am not sure what will happen to the paint on the resin if emersed in water so the glass jar is the way to go.
The glass jar that I will be using is about 9-1/2 inches tall so I will have to make a kind of base for the helmet to raise it about 2 inches so the external resin shell lid will clear the glass lid.
I am not sure if I will make the chin scales part of the shell or make them separate.
If I do make them separate I may have the option of going with flat or rounded scales.
Infantry or train.
I was also thinking of making the plate separate that way I can offer different states .
I am not sure if all states went with the 1871 style or not maybe one of you guys would know and like to weigh in.
Hopefully I can take a picture of the 1871 style I have in the next day or so.
Of courses this will happen when I get caught up on my full model builds.
I have about 12 I need to make and that could mean 6-12 months worth of time.
Please chime in for comments.

Back