Pickelhaube Hessen leibgarde infanterie regiment Nr.115

Westfront

Here is my latest purchase one of my favorite pickelhaubes a mannschaft Hessen leibgarde infanterie regiment Nr.115 in a very nice condition unfortunaly i cant find any maker or regiment stamps.

DSC00251-1.jpg

DSC00252-1.jpg

DSC00253-1.jpg

DSC00254-1.jpg

DSC00255-1.jpg

DSC00291-2.jpg

DSC00289-1.jpg

DSC09550.jpg

Westfront said:
Here is my latest purchase one of my favorite pickelhaubes a mannschaft Hessen leibgarde infanterie regiment Nr.115 in a very nice condition unfortunaly i cant find any maker or regiment stamps.

With a Preußen Pickelhaube with a rare Wappen, you want to see those issue stamps. However, with a Hessen IR115 with that round front visor, grommeted holes for the Wappen, and the cruciform spike base, it cannot be anything else. Mine is not marked either and I could case less. Good for you. A very important Pickelhaube that many will never be able to own. Give that chinstrap a good look, its quite thick. Appears to have been cleaned, but that will tone down eventually.

dbh61.jpg

Tony i notice to that the chinstrap is a little thicker then usable also the metal parts for the knopf 91 looks a bit thicker, to be honest i have some doubts about the chinstrap i put some pictures of the chinstrap any commets is welcome.

DSC00295.jpg

DSC00300.jpg

DSC00297.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00301-1.jpg

Solid helmet!!! Don't you love these Hessen helmets!?! Just for reference I have one with the Martin Mayer, Mainz 1915 makers mark. I always thought it was a little strange that the stamp date was 1915 because that was wartime and as usual most helmets would have had feldgrau fittings.

115thmaker.jpg

115thfront.jpg

Chris, the oxidized grey steel regulations weren't put into application before somewhere around the middle of 1915 (June if I'm not mistaken) so you would find plenty of helmets with brass fittings made during the first half of that year...

I like that strap, I know that it is in unusually great condition but the buckles and end fittings look excellent to me. As far as the M91 ends being chunky. Look on the chin strap thread I started and you will see some brass examples which are the same. Your buckles are also the more delicate round edged ones that we see on original M95 leather straps. In addition, that is a very nice helme, in excellent condition. Congratulations.

After reading the chinstrap thread and looking very good at my chinstrap my doubts are gone now and i am pretty sure its a original one :thumb up: .

Cool, that strap I would say is just as rare and expensive (comparatively) as the helmet. I have seen brass ones go for $250 on Ebay. I have never even seen one of these silver ones up for sale.

Back