Pierre's Western Front moved to another webadress

2001547260241042104_rs.jpg

Dear Pickelhaubes Friends,

I transported my old website “the Western Front WW1” to a new address on the internet.
Besides the address I changed the name of the website into “Pierre’s Photo Impressions of the Western Front”, or in short “Pierre’s Western Front”. The new address is http://pierreswesternfront.punt.nl .
This site is a more visitor friendly website with a better routing than before and it possesses a search engine (“zoekmachine”). Of course I modernised the lay out. During this transport process I lost myself in quite a reorganization of the old pages.
I added some extra period photographs ( some of these with permission of use of private collections) , some details of trench maps to help you understand the situation of the war period, some Google Earth satellite shots of the former battlefield of nowadays, and many translations in English of texts or inscriptions in German, French, or Dutch on the memorials along the Front.

For the near future I planned already some more trips along the Western Front, like to the Wellington Quarries in Arras and the Vosges mountains. Of course I will report later with new photo impressions of these trips on the new website. I also will add some Special Impressions in the near future on Pierre’s Western Front.

Please, keep leaving your comments or questions on the new site, or just write me an email to [email protected] .
As some of you already know, I always do enjoy and appreciate your reactions very much.

Thank you for your attention and visiting my new website.

Pierre GG

P.S. I already changed the links in the topics here concerning my webpages.
Of course it is still possible, I forgot to change a few links.

Thank you very much, Tony& Kaiser! :D As you may have seen already, I added a link to your highly appreciated site again, like I did on the old site.
Click HERE.

Pierre

Dear Friends,

I posted a new page with a concise description of our trip along the Western Front and 32 samples of photo's I made during the two weeks , we spent in last May and June 2008 in Northern France.

If you are interested in what kind of photo impressions I will publish this season, please click on
PREVIEW of our 2008 Front Trip .

Pierre

Bellau Wood, Marne 1918, May 2008:

bellauwood200806050415vc0.jpg

Back