Please ID This Uniform

onebiiigfamily

This is all repeat information.. I have listed this photo again with a more appropriate Subject... I wasn't sure I was going to get any hits on the "need help posting a photo" idea. My great grandfather, Marion Bernard Pittroff, born 1861 Danzig Prussia; I have no information on this photo, except someone in this site (sorry I can't thank you directly.. can't remember your name :oops: ) deciding that he is a corporal - I have always heard he was a musician in the Army - anybody got "2-cents" on that idea? If I have stumped everyone... why would that be, do you think? Why is this uniform such a mystery?? I don't suppose the info at the bottom is of any use.. munchenberg? That's a long way from Danzig according to the maps I've looked at. My family and I believe he married a Haberstrumpf woman from Bavaria... Is there someplace else I could post the pic within this site? I like it a lot.. very user friendly and just plain friendly! Thanks in advance (again).. Stephanie
marionbernhardtpittroffsc3.jpg

Hey Stephanie, the information at the bottom of the photo id the photographer and the town he is located.
Gus

Back