Possible Padre's vestment help ID please

zipperheads9

Hi
Been awhile since i have been on here . I was able to pick up this item and would apreciate an idea of possibilities .It is black linen and is about 11 feet in total length and is roughly 1 and 1/2 feet wide it has the iron gross mounted off center and on my shoulders it rest's on the left chest center. it has some holes and some minor discoloring .

IMG_1228.jpg

inside of cross

IMG_1225.jpg

outside of cross

vestment1.jpg

total pic of folded garment .

I picked this up as I had never seen anything like it and the clothis older,was at a coin show helping a friend ,and picked it up .
Any ideas?
thanks
Mark

Hey Mark
The photos are more convincing than your discription, I think it is outstanding, and can not think of any other possibility.
Best wishes
Gus

thank's for the suggestion ,but am finding it hard to believe someting this well made would have been made for a disposable purpose .
I a not 100 percent sure it is a Padre's vestment and may be a piece of mourning wear ,but would like some of the forum member's to chip in a little more info here please.
Thanks
mark

zipperheads9 said:
thank's for the suggestion ,but am finding it hard to believe someting this well made would have been made for a disposable purpose .
I a not 100 percent sure it is a Padre's vestment and may be a piece of mourning wear ,but would like some of the forum member's to chip in a little more info here please.
Thanks
mark

I have no idea what this is, but why would you think it's disposable? I would think it would be used over and over. Put on the funeral wreath, removed after the funeral and used for the next one.

Never thouht that banners na dsuch for wreathe were re-used . The size and length were the vestment clue for me ,but have no idea of what this actually is .
Mark

Back