Posting photos, a tutorial

Gustaf

Staff member
Posting photos
Some members have had difficulty over the years in posting photos (myself included) I hope to present an understandable tutorial on how to post photos; I apologize if I become too verbose, or vague.
I prefer to use photobucket.com to host photos, and so I will show how to post from their site.
I understand that most of our members do not use English as a primary language, and so I will try to keep the basic tutorial as clear as possible.

Step 1
All photos posted on Pickelhaubes.com must be hosted on another site, such as photobucket.com

Step 2
On your photobucket page, highlight the direct link box and copy (ctrl C )

Step 3
On Pickelhaube site, first click on the
button (located where the

Posting photos with imageshack,
This is an earlier post of how to post photos

http://imageshack.us/ I use image shack, so I will run you through on it. open another application of you web browser to the above address, in the upper right hand portion of the screen there will be a grey button that has Browse... in it, click that button and it will open a window to your computer, go to the file where the photo is that you wish to post and double click on the photo, this will close the window anf enter the address of the photo in the field to the left of the Browse... button. down a few lines is a button that says "host it!" and the image will be uploaded to the image shack web site (if it is a large photo it may take a bit of time, and if you have slow service like I do, you may need to down size the photo before you upload it) The next screen you will get will have a number of lines with addresses to the photo, I usually use the last line, labled "direct link to photo", copy that address by highlighting it and Ctrl C, then when you are posting on the Pickelhaubes forum you can past it. be sure to hit enter after your text, then click on the "Img" button once, then paste the address to your photo, then clicl on the "/Img" button (it is the same one, but this means that it is the end of the image). After all this, submit your post and you should have a photo on the site. By the way, copy the address to a file and lable it in case you wish to use it again, you can use the image shack site with out registering, but you will not have an index to your images, but their index is not as good as your own if you save the address with a lable. I store the addresses on a word document with a short discription of the image so I can find it easily for future use.

It is possible to post photos with out using the [imag] button on the Pickelhaubes forum, if the correct link is used, in the case of imageschack, Hotlick for forums (1) works, in the case of photo bucket, IMG code works

This tutorial is a work in progress, and we need to add any other hosting sites, and if we need illustrations of the web pages, Joe has offered to do that for us. When we get it sorted out, we will have it stickied so it will be available in the future, all feed back is welcome, good or bad, let's make this easy enough to use so that a person can do it with limited English, or let's get it posted in Flemish, French, German, Netherlands, Italinan and Rhyming slang, or any other languages we need.
Thanks
G

Hey Heinz,
Thank Joe, he made me do it, I am glad it worked, if you can make any suggestions to make it easier to understand, please do.
Best wid=shes
Gus

looks like a great site but after a half hour trying to post a photo i am done. please remove my user information.
thank you

just signed up for photo bucket. even there 1/3 of photos were coming up error. had to do several times.
on the first page with all the photos i did as said. highlighted link and ctrl c. also tried when i ckicked individual photo and full albulm photo links. does photo bucket have to have the photos to "ok" them before i can link them.
soory for the trouble. it probable is easy but i am just not getting anywhere.
jim

p.s photos were down sized to 640

Hey Jim,
the photos need to be good on photobucket before they will upload here. I currently use photo bucket, and when a photo is uploaded on that site, I just place the curser on the photo I want to link, with out clicking, in a moment, a drop down menu will appear (if the photo is near the bottom of the screen, not all of the menu will be visible) I then place my curser on the IMG code box and left click, in a moment, the address should change to "copied", if it does not, I click a second time (It usually takes the second click for it to copy for me, but not always) and then you can go to a posting screen on nearly every web site and hit control v and the address will appear with the image tags.
I know it is confusing, but when you get it figgured out, it is actually pretty easy.
Best
Gus

If I can be of help, I will try to do so, sometimes, those of us who can do it have difficulty explaining it to others. It is easy, but a misstroke of a key can screw it all up.
Best
gus
ps. we always are happy to see more photos

Back