Presentation-Frame Crown-Princess Victoria of Prussia

Sandmann

Dear friends,
I‘m very happy to show my latest addition to my collection :)
It‘s a presentation frame with a signed photograph of Crown-Princess Victoria of Prussia, the later „Empress Frederick“. The Photograph is from 1883 and has been taken by the royal Photo-Studio „Reichard & Linder“.
The signature has been written in pencil and is unfortunately hard to read because of dirt or discoloration.
78906CA7-626A-487C-BA91-02B265C0B97D.jpeg
94045B64-EB86-4B57-9A13-22649950DFA7.jpeg
Presentation frames with signed photographs of Empress Frederick are very rare, I didn‘t see many more before. That‘s why I‘m very proud to find and finally get this one :D
I think I will bring it to a Photo-Restorator, maybe it‘s possible to clean the area with the signature a little bit, but mainly to preserve it and thus protect it from further decomposition.

Sandy:

That's a very desirable and interesting item!

I'm envious. I have two biographies of her. Princess "Vicky" and Friederich are one of the great "what if's" of history in my view.

Had Friederich reigned as Kaiser for more than 99 days history would have been very different. Conjecture I know...

I think it's a terrific piece to have in your collection.

Congratulations!

Thanks guys :)
I‘m with you, Steve. With a long regency of Frederick III., the british and german monarchies probably would have been friends like France and GB under Edward VII. But I think a worldwar was inevitable, only the alliances would have been different. The people had to experience the devastating destruction of their weapons development first-hand before striving for a peaceful future for all countries and trying to understand the position of the other side.
But it is what you said, just a „what if“ :???:

Sandmann said:
Thanks guys :)
Steve. With a long regency of Frederick III., the british and german monarchies probably would have been friends like France and GB under Edward VII.

There still would have been the Denmark issue.

aicusv said:
There still would have been the Denmark issue.

Alexandra had no love for the Prussians certainly, but had Friedrich and Vicky (the former Princess Royal) had 13 years in which to solidify an alliance with Great Britain, Alexandra's animosity would not likely have trumped an established foreign policy formulated under Queen Victoria.

....but it's all crystal ball gazing at this juncture.

Yes truly a unique connection between the Germans and the Brits going back to George the 1st, can’t speak English, Geo.3rd. loses the Americans, Queen Vicky marries a Minor German Prince, has so many daughters and has to then marry them all off to European royalty and ends up with the Kaiser for her grandson. The human comedy.

b.loree said:
Yes truly a unique connection between the Germans and the Brits going back to George the 1st, can’t speak English, Geo.3rd. loses the Americans, Queen Vicky marries a Minor German Prince, has so many daughters and has to then marry them all off to European royalty and ends up with the Kaiser for her grandson. The human comedy.

Well when the family tree resembles a telegraph pole ----

Yes no wonder why the latest generation have married so called “commoners” or at least lesser nobility. Even the Crown seems to have read Genetics 101. It’s all good though, carry on!

Hello together,
I‘m very proud to present my latest addition to my imperial-Collection.
A presentation-frame of (later) Empress Auguste-Victoria. Made out of gilded brass with fine ornaments around the Photo and crowned with her emailled cypher „VA“ and prussian crown.
Hope I identified the Signature-Text correctly, but I think the text on the Photo is „Victoria, Prnzß Wilhelm v. Preußen“ and the date „21. Juni 1887.“
86D1AF9E-DF0B-4E84-BD40-4DCBCC830E9C.jpeg
D9883868-3E3A-42D8-897B-4EB38EDEF6A9.jpeg

Wish you all a Merry Christmas-Season :)
2F9B0982-A387-490B-951D-85D3C74F35FE.jpeg

What a great piece of history! In very nice shape. The ornaments with the Kaiser and Kaiserin portraits are awesome! :bravo:

cptbob said:
What a great piece of history! In very nice shape. The ornaments with the Kaiser and Kaiserin portraits are awesome! :bravo:
Thank you, the Candy-Container of Emperor Wilhelm II. is an antique original. The CC of Empress is a rebuild, because I didn’t find an antique one in the last 2 years. But my favorites are my 2 frideric grenadians :)
18367830-4191-4B7B-9491-246C01BCBE2A.png

Dear friends,
I'd like to share my latest addition to my collection. As you can see above, I bought a presentation frame from Empress Frederick years ago. This was very cheap, but unfortunately my restorer was unable to make the signature more visible again. At least she was able to prevent the photo from further deterioration.
However, last week I was able to accquire another signed portrait of her. Unfortunately, it's also in sad condition but it has a clear signature and the photo is much better than mine. In addition, signatures of Emperor Wilhelm I. and Empress Augusta, both very very rare are on the back.
I hope a restorer can make the photo a little more handsome to complete the presentation frame and to help that future generations recognize its value and doesn't flog such a presentation frame just because the photo isn't that nice anymore.
7D4C3C6C-95B9-4290-998A-E05D90CBB37B.jpegD6B8CE18-CA86-4CE0-BBB6-2F68C82AAF56.jpeg

Back