Private purchase Pelzmütze with poppy red Kolpak

Khukri

Here are the pics of my Private purchase Pelzmütze: Poppy red Kolpak

It has the braided Fangschnur and the "Unteroffizier mit Portepee Reichskokarde" as well as the Feldzeichen.

Impossible to say what unit.
Francis
-Poppy red Kolpaks: worn by:
- 3, 6, 7, 11 and 12 (+LH Regt Nr 1 and GardeHu Regt)
- Vaterlandbandeau: White metal+poppy red Kolpak: Regtr Nrs 3, 11 and 12

21jujba.jpg

6sxnba.jpg

35d86j6.jpg

2hp6fjm.jpg

dzwd9c.jpg

2qbxh5c.jpg

24ervjk.jpg

an1xzn.jpg

Thanks Ed...
Just a bit of "receding hairline"... :D
.....eeeeuuuhh ....you mean the seal fur....yes indeed...lucky me...
I saw a (once) fantastic Pelzmuetze (Virginia otter acording to J-L Larcade in his Volume two) in Fort de la Pompelle. All the fur was on the shelf....I think it was a Gardehusaren.....OMG...these guys do not know how to handle their collection.gggggrrrrr...
Francis

Thanks for posting the photos! This is an area of the hobby I know nothing about, so I really enjoy seeing these great examples.

:D Ron

Very nice!
Is the body made with hoops and staves (like a typical enlisted busby), or is it built like the officer-grade helmets?

Pointy,
Sorry, cannot tell about the frame. It's Eigentums-private purchase. The silk liner hides everything.
I think Offz and PP busbies like issued "Kammer" Pelzmuetzen all have this willow frame.
rgds,
Francis

Khukri said:
Pointy,
Sorry, cannot tell about the frame. It's Eigentums-private purchase. The silk liner hides everything.
I think Offz and PP busbies like issued "Kammer" Pelzmuetzen all have this willow frame.
rgds,
Francis

Francis you should be able to feel through the leather liner whether the wooden frame is present, without removing anything. I would guess it is, considering the shape of the hat.

Eigentums/Private Purchase: So: No Unit marking, date, number...I guess there must be a makers mark in the liner somewhere (leather part or on the silk).
As I will have to dust my collection and clean my vitrine soon I will give it a closer look ! On the frame as well !
I can tell you this: My fear is that one day I find some seal hair on the shelf....
A question: is there someone here who had to deal with those little nasty beasts (MOTHS :x ) in his furry hats before...?
I just read that moths (not just rich, elderly ladies...) especially prefer fur....

Thank you,
Francis

Congrats Francis, that is an excellent piece...very nice to have the parade busch as well. :thumb up:

this is a nice one
i hope you can keep it that way without those moths nesting in it
normaly with mothbals in the area the wont comme near your busby
but i cant tell you if it completely helps to get rid of those little guests
try and hope for results

jonas

Back