Prussian 1856 EM haube

chinstrap

If anybody’s interested, MDL have one for sale. I can’t include a precise link, but it’s at michaeldlong.com, and it’s item SKU VL008. Price is GBP 2750.

It’s not in A1 condition, but probably not bad for its age. I know nothing about these and have no idea if this is a decent price.

Just to be clear- I have no connection at all with the firm, just thought I’d flag it up to the collecting community. Public Service Broadcasting I think it’s called in the US!

I hope everybody on the forum and family members are keeping safe and well. Almost total lockdown here, but we are very fortunate as it’s Spring and we have a garden to occupy us and woods and fields right next to us for walking the dog without encountering anybody.

Patrick

Hi Patrick
I am in Singapore and we have abt 800+ cases so far. No lockdown at all. Social distancing is a must.

Schools are all opened and I operate a care service for kids ams government has listed ours as essential services so we will be one of the last to shut (though I hope that they will lock me down so that I have more time with my helmets)

Anyway, stay safe everybody.

Amy

Tony without Kaiser said:
I do not know where that old helmet was made, but I doubt it has ever been in Prussia.

I don't like anything about it. :thumbsdown:

Agreed. The helmet doesn't appear to be properly proportioned (that may just be the photography) but it definitely has the incorrect Wappen. The Wappen is the three tail feather M1867/1871 type.
The liner is reminiscent of the liner on my Model 1809 Kurassier. I'm not going to say that it couldn't happen, but I have never seen this type of liner on an enlisted, issued, Pickelhaube.

John :(

Back