Prussian and Wurttemberg Telegraphen Wappen

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
A year ago I picked up this photo off Ebay showing Prussian and Wurttemberg Telegraphen troops wearing felt tschakos. I thought this was pretty cool at the time and no one else bid so...I won. It turns out that according to Laine, only TB Nr. 4 had Wurttembergers within their ranks. They made up the 3rd. Kompanie of this Battalion. TB 4 was formed in 1907 and was based at Karlsruhe-Freiburg. As you will see, the postcard photo is postmarked Karlsruhe and dated May 30, 1915. The photos:
IMG_3741.jpeg
There are two Wurttembergers shown in the photo.
IMG_3742.jpeg
IMG_3743.jpeg
The wappen! As usual, these are the smaller wappen designed for the tschako. Pre 1914, there were only 7 Telegraphen Batt. in the German Army and only one Kompanie from Wurttemberg. I am very lucky to have found these. If anyone has a TB #4 strap, please post a photo here.

Those are excellent Brian. Impossible to find Wappen.

Here are the appropriate straps:

Thanks very much T. that adds so much to this post. Excellent! :D I just noticed also in the photo you can see the difference between the Wurtt. Feldzeichen and the Prussian. The black and white Prussian really stands out vs the red/black Wurttemberg.

A year ago I picked up this photo off Ebay showing Prussian and Wurttemberg Telegraphen troops wearing felt tschakos. I thought this was pretty cool at the time and no one else bid so...I won. It turns out that according to Laine, only TB Nr. 4 had Wurttembergers within their ranks. They made up the 3rd. Kompanie of this Battalion. TB 4 was formed in 1907 and was based at Karlsruhe-Freiburg. As you will see, the postcard photo is postmarked Karlsruhe and dated May 30, 1915. The photos:
View attachment 28364
There are two Wurttembergers shown in the photo.
View attachment 28366
View attachment 28365
The wappen! As usual, these are the smaller wappen designed for the tschako. Pre 1914, there were only 7 Telegraphen Batt. in the German Army and only one Kompanie from Wurttemberg. I am very lucky to have found these. If anyone has a TB #4 strap, please post a photo here.
Wonderful photo Brian. I love your wurttemberg thako's wappen. These tshakos are another of my dreams.

Back