PRUSSIAN ENGINEER

FRONTENAC

Hi,

Here is a photograph of a Prussian Engineer circa 1870.

All comments about the uniform and the pickelhaube are welcomed.

Thanks,

Richard

prussianengineerc18702kx8.jpg

Hey Rick,
Your photo is just a thumbnail, I have just posted to another member how to post photos and I still had the information on my clip board, so some of the information is not needed for your case, but I am lazy.
To post photos, you need to first have them hosted, this can be done with photo bucket or image shack, http://imageshack.us/ I use image shack, so I will run you through on it. open another application of you web browser to the above address, in the upper right hand portion of the screen there will be a grey button that has Browse... in it, click that button and it will open a window to your computer, go to the file where the photo is that you wish to post and double click on the photo, this will close the window anf enter the address of the photo in the field to the left of the Browse... button. down a few lines is a button that says "host it!" and the image will be uploaded to the image shack web site (if it is a large photo it may take a bit of time, and if you have slow service like I do, you may need to down size the photo before you upload it) The next screen you will get will have a number of lines with addresses to the photo, I usually use the last line, labled "direct link to photo", copy that address by highlighting it and Ctrl C, then when you are posting on the Pickelhaubes forum you can past it. be sure to hit enter after your text, then click on the "Img" button once, then paste the address to your photo, then clicl on the "/Img" button (it is the same one, but this means that it is the end of the image). After all this, submit your post and you should have a photo on the site. By the way, copy the address to a file and lable it in case you wish to use it again, you can use the image shack site with out registering, but you will not have an index to your images, but their index is not as good as your own if you save the address with a lable.
Best wishes
Gus

Hi Gus,

Thank you very much for your help! Without you, I would still be in "No Man's Land" ignoring how best to include my photos with messages.

Cheers,

Rick

Back