Prussian Ersatz Metal Pickelhaube

ww1czechlegion

Offered is a Prussian Ersatz Pickelhaube in metal with the integral visors and shallow profile.

Black lacquer paint has some loss as seen in photos.

There is a very small ding/dent in the top rear of the spike base area that I have circle edited in red line on one of the photos.

The leather liner is present, but in rough condition as seen in photos. The leather liner is torn along the band on one side as seen in photos. The good news is that it appears that all of the "fingers" or leather "tongues" are present on the leather liner, even though it is torn on the band.

The brass front plate has some verdigris on the viewer's left side of the eagle and on the staff, seen in photos, and this should be an easy clean up project.

This helmet is being sold as I acquired it recently, it came with no chinstrap or kokardes.

Helmet makes for a nice display.

$750.00 or "Best Offer"

PayPal payment is o.k. I prefer "friends and family" or add 4% to cover the fee.

USA Postage: $14.00 via Priority Mail w/Tracking.

Canada Postage: $35.00 via 1st Class International Mail with a tracking number.

UK, Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands Postage: $45.00 via 1st Class Mail with a tracking number.

Singapore Postage: $55.00 via 1st Class International Mail with a tracking number.

Thanks,

Alan

101_5905.JPG

101_5909.JPG

101_5908.JPG

101_5907.JPG

101_5906.JPG

a tin helmet tiny dent photo.jpg

101_5919.JPG

101_5900.JPG

101_5903.JPG101_5901.JPG

Any interest at $675.00? Or a "Best Offer" from anyone?

Same payment and shipping terms as above.

Thanks,

Alan

Last edited:
I cleaned some of the verdigris off from the eagle with a soft toothbrush and soapy warm water and will post a couple photos showing how it looks better. I also looked closer at the leather liner and the very unusual, thin band that the leather liner is attached to:

The leather liner is present, but in worn condition as seen in photos. The leather liner has come loose from the stitching holding it to the thin ersatz band in one area (somewhat over 1/3 the way on the band), and the leather is actually torn on the last tongue where it would attach to this thin ersatz band that the liner attaches to, as seen in photos. The leather liner is actually folded over with a very short distance onto this thin band and stitched to the band on the thin fold area. The good news is that it appears that all of the "fingers" or leather "tongues" are present on the leather liner, even though the stitching has come loose which attaches the leather liner to the band that attaches it to the metal shell. As a collector for 41 years, I would suggest that the new owner may want to tack stitch the leather liner back to the band in this area to help protect it better, but that is up to the new owner. I've left it as I acquired it a week ago.

101_5961.JPG101_5962.JPG

101_5960.JPG

Last edited:
Back