Prussian Garde-Infanterie EM Feldmütze M1910

Here's an M1910 Garde-Infanterie Feldmütze with high quality material, along with a grey liner, that sold sometime ago in Canada.
It looks issued same as mine, except that the markings don't go beyond size, maker, and Garde clothing depot so it seems your theory could be right Chas:
http://www.germanmilitaria.com/Imperial/photos/G007866.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Better late than never :D

This was my very first WW1 acquisition, back then (early 1990's) I had no idea what KBAG meant [KBAG 1916].

I traded some TR stuff for it, perhaps $100 worth because it had moth holes. At the time I must have been 13 or 14 years old, not cheap! No ebay or internet back then, just local gun and militaria shows... remember we actually had to socialize?! :p

Very nice issued one... And those moth holes don't detract much as long as those buggers are not still living there are they? :ANGRY:

Ron, as far as I know the little buggers havent touched the hat for since I've owned it.. 20+ years. [-( [-X :D

Did you ever get an answer to the glowing cockade question in one of your previous posts to this thread? I have a Dragooner hat where just the top cocade lights up under UV.

Nope, no answer. Actually, it's the tiny red felt tab in between the Reichs cockade and the cap itself that glows. That small piece through which the cockade is sewn onto the cap... Still a mystery to me.

Nice markings! And a vet souvenir...
Yours has had its cockade resewn it seems.
Probably/hopefully a wartime field repair...

Ron,

It appears to me that the cap cockades are original to the cap. The thread used is not easily found and the sewing method matches period issue pieces. I get the feeling that you are itching to replace that damaged cockade, but I would leave it as is.

Chip

Hey Charles,
I'm definitely keeping it as is but it's that tiny piece of red felt behind it that intriegues me:
Why does it glow under a UV light when nothing else in the outer cap does?

Back