Prussian M15 Artillery Helmet w/Original Chinstrap & Kokardes

ww1czechlegion

(Please Remember to Click on the Photo to Enlarge it. Thanks!)

This is a Super-Nice, Straight Out of the Woodwork, Uncleaned, Un-Messed with Model 1915 Prussian Artillery Enlisted Man's Pickelhaube, Complete with the Original Chinstrap and the Original National & Prussian Kokardes that it came with.

1-Flaw to the helmet: The back visor is being held in place by the rubber band shown in the photos because the stitching came loose on the back visor.

Maker marked and dated 1916 inside, as seen in photos. NO Extra Holes Behind Frontplate. Original metal grommet hole pair in place, and original leather wedges hold the front plate intact. It doesn't ever look like the helmet has ever been disassembled or messed with because it hasn't been messed with, as seen by the photos.

The Chinstrap & Both Kokardes came with the helmet and are also guaranteed to be 100% original pre-November 1918 manufactured in Germany, Guaranteed for Life!

I tried to find markings on the back visor, but there are no visible unit or Depot issue markings visible to my eyes.

The leather liner is very soft and pliable, as seen in photos. It honestly shows very little sign of ever being worn. The vegetable tanned leather liner "tongues" or "fingers" of the liner are in excellent shape, not torn or missing any part on them, again, as seen in photos.

There is light, scattered crazing to the black finish on the exterior of the helmet body.

The Ball top is Not Dented or damaged. The Gray Finish on the Metal Fittings is very, very nice, as seen in the photos. The only area where the metal gray finish shows wear is on the top of the split brad retainers for the spike base. Not sure why that is, but the split brads are original to the helmet, and have Never been removed. You'll notice the finish is worn a bit on the round brad heads in the photos I've provided. Mentioned for accuracy.

The helmet is a larger size, not a 53 or a 54 or 55. I can't quite make out what the actual size is.

This helmet is a real beauty, a real one-looker, and with a restiching of the back visor, it will make a wonderful addition to any collection.

100% Satisfaction, or a Full Refund.

Priced to sell at $675.00 to any Forum Member.

Postage in USA: $18.00 via Priority Mail w/tracking.

Postage to Canada: 30.00 via 1st Class International Package.

Postage to UK, Belgium, France, Germany: $50.00 via 1st Class International Package.

Best Regards,

Alan

101_1840.JPG

101_1841.JPG

101_1842.JPG

101_1843.JPG

101_1844.JPG

Back