Prussian Pioneer enlisted helmet

ww1czechlegion

Offered for sale is an enlisted pattern Prussian Pioneer Helmet in uncleaned condition. The neusilber fittings have patina and age residue on them.

There was a missing split brad which I replaced on the wearer's right side of the front visor trim. I had a spare example, which seems to be slightly larger than the one on the other side of the visor trim.

The helmet seems to sit a bit "cock-eyed" and I have had it on a wooden hat block form for about a month-and-a-half time. It seems to be bringing it back into proper form once again.

The wappen is attached to the helmet with two threaded screw posts. I have not removed the wappen from the helmet.

There is a Kammerstempel, part of it which is very difficult to read. I believe it reads "P.B. 16". This would be Pioneer Battalion 16 (1. Lothringisches). I can read the "B." and the "16". The "P" is very difficult to make out. One has to hold the helmet in the right light in order to see this. I failed miserably in my attempts when trying to capture the marking by photograph.

The threaded screw post near the top of the back spine has broken loose from the solder on the underside of the back spine. This threaded screw post, the nut, and the washer are still present inside the helmet. It would be easy for someone to re-solder this if they desire to do so. I have left it as I found the helmet.

The front visor neusilber trim has a few dents, some which can seen in my photographs. Nothing serious, and NO splits or cracks to the visor trim. I will circle the areas in red in a second photo which I will post to show the neusilber visor trim piece. This is shown on the last photo I posted here.

Price: $475.00 or "Best Offer" on this helmet.

USA Postage: $18.00 via Priority Mail with Tracking.

Canada Postage: $35.00 via Priority Mail with Tracking.

UK, Belgium France, Netherlands, Holland, Poland, Italy postage: $65.00 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking.

Singapore Postage: $65.00 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking.

Australia or New Zealand Postage: $65.00 via 1st Class International Mail with Tracking.

Thanks,

Alan

100_8133.JPG

100_8134.JPG

100_8135.JPG

100_8136.JPG

100_8137.JPG

100_8139.JPG

100_8142.JPG

100_8141.JPG

101_8068.JPG

101_8066.JPG

Last edited:
A fine helmet from the Metz PB16, stationed at the Riberpray barracks, where I had the pleasure of working for several years.
Unmodified 1891 model, eagle fixed by screws and nuts, rear spine without ventilation flap, side post with large central knob and a single anti-rotation latch behind (2 on the M95). (y)

A fine helmet from the Metz PB16, stationed at the Riberpray barracks, where I had the pleasure of working for several years.
Unmodified 1891 model, eagle fixed by screws and nuts, rear spine without ventilation flap, side post with large central knob and a single anti-rotation latch behind (2 on the M95). (y)

Many Thanks!

Back