PRUSSIAN TSCHAPKA - Opinions

Stirnpanzer

Hi,

I am looking to purchase this... before i commit... Would appreciate any feedback.

Only issue i see at the moment is the broken sceptre & missing cockade....

Thanks Mark

(Sorry posted this earlier in the wrong section...)

Attachments

• G009781A.jpg
    G009781A.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 2,734
  • G009781C.jpg
    G009781C.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 2,734
  • G009781D.jpg
    G009781D.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 2,734
  • G009781E.jpg
    G009781E.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 2,734
Very nice condition, I see no issues except for the broken wappen, missing Reichskokarde and feldzeichen. Is this an officer tschapka? I can't see the crown on the eagle's head.

It has the cut out crown.... just not very visible in the pictures.

Being sold as a mans, but may be an early officers, pre silk liners.

I think this is the first time it will happen... but I will respectfully disagree with Brian... The helmet is genuine but condition is not great. The mortarboard is out of shape. The eagle has lost all of its former matt silver finish and for me the lost scepter is a real issue. In addition, look at the orb: it is too close to the body and the eagle's remaining foot is almost completely hidden under the tail feathers. This is not how it should be and suggests it was also broken/bent at some point.
It is not a rare officer helmet: 5 uhlan regiments wore the regular line eagle in silver. In my humble opinion you should not pay much for this one... and rather wait for a nicer one.

If you look closely to the leg holding the Orb, you can see it was broken off(where it joins the body) and appears to be soldered back on.

b.loree said:
Very nice condition, I see no issues except for the broken wappen, missing Reichskokarde and feldzeichen. Is this an officer tschapka? I can't see the crown on the eagle's head.

I do agree with you. just too bad about the wappen.

Back