Rangliste

Bill,

that depends on what year and which contingent you are looking for. Only seniority lists were published for the Prussian Army in 1917, 1918 & 1919, for the Saxons in 1918 and the bavarians in 1917 & 1918. Who are you looking for?

Regards
Glenn

Glenn,
Only seniority lists
By this I assume that you mean Officier... correct? What about the smaller States, Dutchies, etc. Did they have their own rangliste or were they listed with the Prussian army? I am looking for a Lt.Karl Hahn.

Bill,

Hahn is a very common name. Would you like to give me a clue :)

Yes the smaller states and Duchies were incorporated into the Prussian officer lists.

Regards
Glenn

Bill,

your Hahn was not a regular or a pre-war reserve officer and so is not listed in the Prussian Ranglisten, Dienstalterslisten or the Ehrenrangliste. I have checked through the 1914 & 1915 editions of the Militär-Wochenblatt and can find no Vizefeldwebel der Reserve or Offizieraspirant der Reserve who was commissioned into the Leibgarde-Infanterie-Regiment (1. Großherzoglich Hessisches) Nr. 115. That being the case, he was either commissioned originally into another unit (before 1916) or commissioned after 1915.

I will keep looking for him!

Regards
Glenn

Back