Rare (!) german ulan ersatz tschapka

Sorry for the disappointment guys... I am impatient to find a nice piece to bring to your attention.
Bruno

P T Barnum said it all....... " There is a sucker born every minute." Anyone who would bid $300 on this piece of theatrica deserves to be bilked. Brian

Hey Brian and All,
We need to stop trying to understand why people do the things they do, some people are satisified with a costume peice. I commented on the first forum about costume house marked items, and how they were once of lesser value than numarked items, and how things have changed. I must admit that I have a movie costume in my collection that I value. It was given to me by the man who wore it, he was wirth the 82nd in Africa, Italy, France, Holland, Germany and Japan and wore a jump suit like the one he gave me. He later (along with many of the other survivors) did the jump scenes in the movie "The Longest Day" ( and others), He knows that it is a movie costume (he liberated several from the costume department after filming was over and has worn out all but two, the one he still wears to functions and the one he gave me) but it still is a bit of history and valued because of who passed it on to me. My rambling point is that provenance is the most important thing in historical items, many people do not give a tinker's damn about the history, they just want something that is shinny. The most important part of collecting is the research, you can not do all the reasearce for everyone (even though it has been done for the most part and is available here). Sometimes the best learning experiance is to spend way too much for a fake, if the buyer is discouraged and gives up colecting, then he (or she) was never a collecter in the first place. yadda yadda, bla bla bla. Sorry about the soap box.
Best wishes
Gus

Hey Mikey,
I will be listing it on ebay next week, I am not sure if it is original, the markings on it are not in the right font, and some of the nails are modern, but it is sturdy and would serve a re-enactor well.
Gsu

Mikey, I am not sure, but it is a Vet bring back, which reminds me of a story, (sorry, but you are the one who got off topic). Maggie is know in her family for giving "strange" gifts. Years ago, she drew her brother-in-law's name in the family exchange, as she was talking on the phone to her sister, she asked what he wanted, in the background, her brother-in-law could be heard to say "I want a Vet (meaning Corvet), no, don't tell her that or she will get me something weird" Maggie called a Veterinarian in their area and paid him for a service call to stop by her brother-in-law's house, which he did on Christmas morning, he even took along a toy "Vet", so the gag give was a threefer, a Vet (veternarian) who was a Vet (veteran) delivered a toy Vet (Corvett). Now back to the topic, the vet that brought it back was a veternarian. Where is the moderator, what does this have to do with Pickelhauben? Why are we here? (wait, that is another story)
Zaphod

Moderator's Note:
Poor man. His head's not screwed on quite right.

Mr.Gus,
You are definetly in the wrong field being a farmer-your calling was to be a stand-up comedian-everytime you make a comment I'm in stitches-King Weasel

Good story Gus, I think I'm beginning to understand you now. :shock:
I havent a clue what the original thread was?

Yeah that is a nice avatar, Mike. Thats a 'Muller' is'nt it?

3littleweasels said:
Mr.Gus,
You are definetly in the wrong field being a farmer-your calling was to be a stand-up comedian-everytime you make a comment I'm in stitches-King Weasel

You are right King.
I have a relative "who was a "Singer Pilot", and now a friend who is a "Comedian Farmer" :lol:

Mike wrote:" Good story Gus, I think I'm beginning to understand you now."

Poor Mike, he is also drinking Zaphod's Potatoes Elixir...

Otto

Hey Ghus ..... You've been at that potato juice again .... I thought the Doc told you to stay off it??
It is not potato juice, it is farm chemicals, and I am a licensed applicator, and you have probably already guessed that any moron can get a license to handle the most dangerous chemicals.
Mike wrote:" Good story Gus, I think I'm beginning to understand you now."
I wish I understood myself.
your calling was to be a stand-up comedian-everytime you make a comment I'm in stitches-King Weasel
This is a common problem with dementia, people often mistake it for comedy. I only know three jokes, and once you have heard them, they are not as funny. Of course it would help if I could remember the punch lines. I do know a few punch lines too. One that Joe would like is "he will drink all your beer"
Best wishes
Gsu

Back