Re-Enactment Photos

Hello all,
I was wondering if any of you would be interested in a thread about re-enacting? To show off Imperial German and pre-Imperial era impressions to others who do the same? Many forums have a re-enactment board, but this one seemingly doesn't have one.

Cheers,
Brandon

Brandon: Frankly, I have never thought about having a re-enactor area on the forum. Let's see what our members think about this?

I would also like to see them. :)
At the Museumweekend at the Passchendaele 1917 museum they always had re-enactors busy doing their respective things.
German soldiers, French poilu's and British soldiers. In fact I know a guy who also takes part there, as a soldier of a Wurtembergisch infantry regiment.
It was always nice to watch them. :thumb up:

Greetings, Coert.

I am keeping this open, for further comments. As I said, I have no problem with this issue but would appreciate additional comments from the membership.

As a reformed re-enactor I can see some pros and some cons. There is a lot that can be learned through re-enacting, but then again - - -

Brian, since you are asking… I do not mean to ruin the party, but I am not interested in re-enacting; I even have a negative feeling about it. For me it kills all the charm of the collection, the imaginary travel in time that makes collecting antiques so attractive. Seeing a modern GdK officer on the field, I couldn’t help picturing the same guy wearing sneakers and a GAP T-shirt a few hours later… then that’s it. Sorry, I understand that others have a different point of view, which I fully respect of course, but this is not for me. My opinion does not count if friends on the forum will support this new initiative, but I won’t contribute, for sure.

I'm not interested in re-enacting, and I'm not sure it belongs on a pickelhaube forum. On the other hand, no problem to not read the posts I'm not interested in :D

I would certainly be interested in seeing re-enactment photos. They can give us a glimpse of what things may have actually looked like, had we been there ourselves. Those who are not interested wouldn't visit the re-enactment section, whereas those who are interested or curious would...

Thanks T for creating this new section on the forum. I think the common link for us all is a love of History. So let’s see where this goes.

Back