Rear spine maker's mark?

joerookery

I found this when I was looking for something else. I'm not sure that I can match up the permission I was given to publish it with the right name. So I hope it's okay, but this is something different. I cannot make out the impressed mark.
Jansen.jpg

I believe that I have seen Julius' name stamped on the underside of a brass visor as well (2 different helmets). Perhaps someone out there can confirm with a pic or at least a message for the thread?? That is very interesting though as I have never seen this rear spine version before on any haube by any maker. Brian

Hi Brian. I have a Sachsen Officer helmet with the letters 'WG' stamped on the head of the button fastening the rear spine under the visor, but it's nothing like as wordy as this one. I dont know if this is related to the maker of the wearer though?

The AWES company always marked their spikes on the underside. I also have at least one example of a spike support disc maker marked.I will take a pic. B

Hi Joe:
I mean, on the underside of the spike base. I will post pics shortly. Brian

Please hang in there Joe, I tried to take pics but shooting a piece of shiny brass is proving difficult. The AWES Co marked their spikes on the underside of the spike neck where it was joined to the spike base. The mark reads AWES MARKE BERLIN SW 68 (in capitals as I have shown). I have found this company's prima qualitat to be one of the best. I love how the silk bag is woven into the edge of the officer liner. Both my Prussian generals helme and the Bavarian Cheveaux Leger have the same liner as yours. The best of the best!! Brian

Ebaypic3027.jpg

I have a Bayern private purchase EM with all gilded fittings and a numeral "2" on the spine tag that fits under the rear dome stud to secure the top of the rear spine into position. I often wondered what this meant?

Back