Regimental markings

ottodog8

http://cgi.ebay.de/Regimentsstempel-Truppenstempel-Abkuerzungen-bis-1918_W0QQitemZ6251211828QQcategoryZ34648QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Does anyone have this? Is it new, or commonly available? It sure looks interesting, but I don't like sending envelopes of cash through the mail.
Steve

Steve there are several references keyed to Imperial German Weapon abbreviations. I don't have them I think George would. Weapon abbreviations have proved different than depot marks in many cases.

Never seen that one, I use the Imperial German Regimental markings book by Noll, has most type of weapons etc.

James

I have both editions of the Noll books. I'm always looking for that new bit of information. Joe, you are right about weapon markings being different than depot markings, but the Regimental markings are usually the same. I own and have owned many examples of Regimentally marked Imperial German weapons, especially firearms, and find them fascinating. It's as close as a historical relic can come to talking. Steve

Hey Steve, You are wise to be uncomfortable sending cash to
Germany, I have paid for items in Italy, Poland, France, Belgium The UK, New Zealand,Australia and Germany. I have not lost any payments except to Germany. I have a friend who is a banker in Germany, and he told me that if you are late sending in a report, you can always blame the post as it is so unreliable. If you do send cash to Germany, never send it in a registered letter, that will insure that it will not arrive. The best way is to place the cash in a greeting card or bit of construction paper, do not send many notes as the thickness will be a giveaway too.
Best wishes
Gsu

Gustaf said:
I have not lost any payments except to Germany. Best wishes Gsu

Gsu (who-ever you are?) I send euro or US dollar to Germany at least two or three times a month.

More if I have been bidding while drinking. :drunken: I have been doing this since 1997 when I joined ebay. that is probably well over a hundred times. I have large amounts registered and less than euro 50 in normal mail, but wrapped as course as you described. I have never, ever had anything go missing.

Tony,
That may confirm my distrust of the ebay seller in bayern Germany (his spelling) He has many good items, but is known for outrageous postage. I do not give his ebay name as I think that is a cheeky.
Gnus

Back