Regiments and militairy history of Konrad Kalau vom Hofe

Dear Glenn and Joe,

I just checked the book: Altpreussische Geschlechterkunde Familienarchiv 1965-68, band 2 (pp 1 till 333) and found little more about the school period of Konrad vom Hofe. He was born 22.7.1880. According to the book, he went to the gymnasium at Schweidnitz, in 1896 (He was 16 years old then) he went to the Ritterakademie Liegnitz, in 1900 he was Fahnenjunker in IR26 (according to the Geschleschtskunde book).

From Glenn's research we know he was promoted Fahnrich at August 18th 1900.

Possibly these schools tell little more about the way he became an officer. I think I remember the Red Baron has been at the Ritterakademie Liegnitz too. Possibly the theory of a missing the Fahnrich exam after being a prima or even after having an arbitur??? might explain why he became an unterofficer. Should the fahnenjunker 1900 (as printed in the Geschlechtskunde book) be a mistake?

I am curious if the missing Fahnrich theory is still the best possibility, as things are still slightly confusing for me.

Thanks and regards from Holland.

Ad

Hi Ad,

I came across an history of I.R. 26 with an appended Offizier-Stammliste from 1913. Kalau's entry confirms his entry into that regiment on 15 January 1900.

Regards
Glenn

kalau0001.jpg

Dear Glenn,

Thanks for your additional information that proves your theories about Konrad Kalau von Hofe are right. Your regular information always does surprise me in a positive way. I am still heavilly interested in all data that does give more insight into this man's life. If you once come across a Generalstabskarte of the Mt. Cornillet (Near Reims) of April 29th 1917, IR 52 sector, that give positions of Gefechtsstanden, you would prove miracles do exist.

Thanks and all the best from Holland.

Ad

Back