Renault UE

poniatowski

I was doing some web searches for a kit I'm making and found a photo of an unrestored Renault UE, which was doing work at an airfield in the Netherlands for snow removal (?). Anyway, if anybody knows of one similar, unrestored, but fairly complete and restorable. I'm interested in at least taking a look.
Right now, I'm working on my Allis Chalmers M7 Snow Tractor, which is a tandem two man half track designed to rescue downed aircrews near snowy airfields (where a jeep or ambulance can't go). Fun stuff, but I'll be looking for something to do after that!

:D Ron

Attachments

• 11128451.jpg
    11128451.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 1,697
Here is an M7, the type I'm restoring.

Attachments

• SNOW-TRACTOR-M7-CAT-MAINTENANCE-MANUAL-ALLIS-CHALMERS.jpg
    SNOW-TRACTOR-M7-CAT-MAINTENANCE-MANUAL-ALLIS-CHALMERS.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,678
b.loree said:
Your first vehicle pic reminds me of a WW2 Bren Gun carrier Ron.

Similar in size (a bit smaller, I think), but the UE doesn't have the steering wheel to 'bow' the tracks for wide radius turns, just the laterals. It's also started by the driver pulling on what looks like a motorcycle kick-starter. It's odd how these turn up in farm yards, construction companies and such, but I guess that's who uses the surplus vehicles!
I wish I could've purchased an M3A3 Stuart from a local construction company when I was a kid, but it was $1,900 more than I had at the time, which was a LOT of money to a 9 year old in 1966. Hell, $20 for a spiked helmet seemed like a lot!

:D Ron

Back