Request; photo's BRIR 10, 11, 14 and 147 IR

333blol.jpg

Dear Friends,

For my later to be published photo impression on my website about the battle sector of Ban de Sapt – La Fontenelle, Alsace Vosges, France, I am searching for period pictures of BRIR 10, BRIR 11, BRIR 14, or 147 I.R.

If one of you, forum friends, possesses photo’s of members of these units in 1914 and 1915, and if you are willing to let me use these pictures on my website, please, contact me. Of course I will mention my source of the picture, as some of you already know. :)
Thanks in advance for your help.

Wow! Joe! Thats a beautiful one, especially the detail with the party-like cigar! :D Lookes like the first one, the younger guy at the right is smoking. Thanks for sharing!

Joe and George,
I do highly appreciate all your effort! Don't make too much of it, unless it gives you a pleasure to do it. :)
I know, that pictures of these Bavarians, in action or in a pose, are not easy to find.
I just have another one, a small picture alas, made in 1915 on Height 627 at the Ban de Sapt- battlefield. Bavarians perhaps?
But there have many Bavarian units fighting there. the Bavarian Reserve Infantry Regiment 11 (B.R.I.R. 11). The regiment forms together with the B.R.I.R. 14 the 10th Bavarian Reserve Brigade under command of Generalleutnant Müller.
The 10th Bavarian Reserve Brigade and the 5th Bavarian "Ersatz Brigade" form together the 30th Reserve Division.
In 1915, BRIR 11 and 14, and BRIR 10 , about 3 or 4 km more to the south at the Col d'Hermanpaire.
Since 27 June 1915 the 2nd and 4th Bavarian Reserve Regiments of the 5th Bavarian Ersatz Brigade have relieved the Bavarian 10th Reserve Infantry Brigade. These regiments occupy the height on 8 July.
On 16 July, at 08.00 hrs, the Bavarians at their turn launch an artillery bombardment on the French positions, which will last until 20:00 hrs. It is the opening of a Bavarian counterattack at the Côte 627. Under command of Major Neumann, the Bavarian 5th Ersatz Brigade, assisted by 2 companies of B.R.I.R. 60, and 1 company of B.L.I.R. 80, attacks at 20.00 hrs. at 4 locations at once.

So, gentlemen, take your pick out of all these units. As you will understand by now, every picture of the mentioned units are welcome! :D
Perhaps this makes also your search much easier.

I end with two pictures, Joe and George; one period picture, I mentioned before and a picture of an inscription, I found at the Col de Hermanpaire.
28ul06b.jpg

x59st5.jpg

Again many thanx for all your effort.

Here is an odd one with some 147.
bev1.jpg

The reason for the multiple numbers is that this was the Ersatz Depot in Beverloo.
bev2.jpg

Back