reserve Infantry

A

Anonymous

I was on the site Kaisers Bunker.Absolutley great. I am trying to fin out info on Reserve Infantry Units ,specifacly the 11th RJR . I am trying to find what Dunkenblau would be ,would there boards be marked with an r over unit number. The 11th was formed by the 38th fusiliers out of Glatz Silesia .Would they adopt there uniform colours and regiment colours?
Mark Giroux :D

zipper,

I would say that the boards would be just like the line regiment only with the unit number in place of the cypher. So it would be yellow with a red number "11". We could only wish that the Germans would have used an "R" on their shoulder straps to denote a reserve status. That would have been too easy. It is especially bad for wartime straps, where there is no way to tell if a strap is from the line, reserve or Landwehr regiment in the case of numbered regiments.

Chip

I have a death card for an 11th RJR killed in 1917 the board just shows 11 . I am looking for group photo's death cards uniform stuff .also any info would be great .I have alot of info on them and battles they took part in and who they faced throught the war.
I am interested in the pre war reserve unit and it's history unirorm details .
From what I have so far at he outbreak of war they were only 2 battalions .the main depot being Gltz and they were formed by the 38th Fusilier regiment .
Thanks for any info
Mark Giroux

I am interested in the pre war reserve unit and it's history unirorm details .

I'm confused by this....they only came together for Ubung. No standing RJR11.

From what I have so far at he outbreak of war they were only 2 battalions .the main depot being Gltz and they were formed by the 38th Fusilier regiment .

Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 11 (+MG.-Kp.)

Aufgestellt in Glatz (R.Stb., I.), Schweidnitz (II.) und Münsterberg (III.)
Unterstellung: 11. Res.Div.
Kommandeur: Oberstleutnant Fricke Füs.R.Nr. 38

I.: Major Hoffmann Füs.R.Nr. 38
II.: Major v. Bülow (Gren.R.Nr. 10) gef.: 20.9.14
III.: Major Petiskus (I.R.Nr. 63)

Thank you Very Much. I find it interesting in the company CO's units. :D .I just let a set of 10th Gren Regt feldgrau Noards go on E-Bay Germany. 96 euro's was a bit to rich for me.
Stil looking for pics post cards unit phoyo's etc
Mark

Back