Restoration Busbies/Pelzmützen

A question Sergei.....why are the Imperial Russian feldzeichen colours orange and black?
this color orange (yellow) and black came from the St. George ribbon established by Catherine the Great. It is generally accepted that two orange stripes mean flame, and three black ones - smoke (gunpowder), the color of the cockade also reproduces the colors of the state emblem (black eagle on a gold background).

In the 1970's a well know collector at the time and his wife constructed Husaren busbies
of German Officers that were so good they were passed off as the real thing .
I think that most of them were of opossum fur
All the parts were real but the bodies were all new
the materials used had the exact look
The copies were discovered and there was a "recall "
and refunds were demanded
They're now 50 years old and who knows were they are now ?
Steve

I have heard this story before and I have always wondered whether my LHR #1 busby is one of these. I know the scales and kokarde are original. I have never had the wappen off. Whoever made it knew what they were doing as it has a reservist cross on the feldzeichen so no bandeau was required. It has been discussed here before.

I have heard this story before and I have always wondered whether my LHR #1 busby is one of these. I know the scales and kokarde are original. I have never had the wappen off. Whoever made it knew what they were doing as it has a reservist cross on the feldzeichen so no bandeau was required. It has been discussed here before.
Brian
The copies that were made were much better
the advanced collectors could not tell the difference
Steve

Back