Restoring 1891 Wurttemburg Customs helmet

seagull

I am restoring an officers version of this helmet and need to know if the spike perlring should be an "egg and dart " officer type or, given that they are not a military unit, should it be as shown on Amy's Other Ranks helmet illustrated below. Any advice gratefully received.
Steve

Attachments

• dbh36.jpg
    dbh36.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 20
I am restoring an officers version of this helmet and need to know if the spike perlring should be an "egg and dart " officer type or, given that they are not a military unit, should it be as shown on Amy's Other Ranks helmet illustrated below. Any advice gratefully received.
Steve
Steve, I do not know for sure about customs officers, but in other Wuertemberg non-military units wearing Pickelhauben (Landjaeger, police, firemen), the officer helmet always had the "egg and dart" classic pattern, as can be seen notably in the book on Wuertemberg headgear by Wannenwetsch and Hilsenbeck.

Thanks Bruno, this seemed the most likely option to me but I could not feel confident without an experienced opinion in support .
Knowing that the Landjaeger,Police, Fire services used them makes all the difference.
Best regards,
Steve

Thanks Bruno, this seemed the most likely option to me but I could not feel confident without an experienced opinion in support .
Knowing that the Landjaeger,Police, Fire services used them makes all the difference.
Best regards,
Steve
And thanks again for the tip Bruno, my copy of that book is on its way to me now!
Best, Steve

Back