Ridabock & Company Catalog

Peter_Suciu

This is an American catalog of military goods from the later part of the 19th century. As a resident of New York City (with a Broadway address too), I find it fascinating to see that this is from Ridabock & Company, formerly J.H. McKenny & Comapny of 141 Grand Street near Broadway.

Note the "Prussian Pickel Haube"

catalog1.jpg

catalog2.jpg

catalog3.jpg

catalog4.jpg

Peter,

But this is absolutely fantastic! The second picture you posted clearly has the militia helmets. Can I talk you out of some scans? I would love to see what they have to say about these helmets in the offerings. I know that Alex of the company of military historians is working a piece on these but I'm not sure where he is on the project. I do not think there are any others of these floating around -- there is so little documentation on these. The only retailer I was aware of prior to this was this guy:
AmericanPickelhaube_22.jpg

Amazing score! Great job. :hello1:

Hey Peter,
Are you going to publish a copy of this catalogue? Joe did one a while back and made a fortune of the sales of it (Hey Joe, if you want a copy, you need to back me up on this). I am sure this is not a 5 page catalogue, wo where are the rest of the pages.
Bes twihse
Gus
ps, Be sure to include a copy of the order form, the biggest problem with these older catalogues is they usually do not have the order forms so I can not make an order.

Back