Schirmmützen – Bavarian Chevaulegers (5)

Jeff R

Because I like how they look together - a beautiful example of an officer’s Schirmmütze for Königlich Bayerisches 5. Chevaulegers-Regiment Erzherzog Friedrich von Österreich (also correct for Kgl. Bayer. 4. Chevaulegers-Regiment König). Paired with the appropriate pickelhaube, and a well-marked lance pennant from ChR5. The Schirmmütze interior is all white, including the lovely watered/robbed silk liner, ersatz sweatband, and visor underside.

ChR 5-1.jpgChR 5-2.jpg

Because I like how they look together - a beautiful example of an officer’s Schirmmütze for Königlich Bayerisches 5. Chevaulegers-Regiment Erzherzog Friedrich von Österreich (also correct for Kgl. Bayer. 4. Chevaulegers-Regiment König). Paired with the appropriate pickelhaube, and a well-marked lance pennant from ChR5. The Schirmmütze interior is all white, including the lovely watered/robbed silk liner, ersatz sweatband, and visor underside.

View attachment 33288View attachment 33289
Great display
Thanks for the post
Steve

View attachment 33288View attachment 33289
Great display, great stuffs, great your passion putting togheter these beauties. Congrats.

They do indeed. Beautiful headgear and an excellent photo Jeff. That dark ‘steel-green’ of the Chevaulegers is so wonderfully distinctive.

Back