Schirmmützen – Kurhessen Hussars

Jeff R

Electoral Hesse (Kurhessen), or Hesse-Kassel, fielded two hussar regiments for the Imperial German Army: HR13 König Humbert von Italien (1.Kurhessisches) and HR14 Landgraf Friedrich III von Hessen-Homburg (2.Kurhessisches).

On the left an NCO from HR 13 and on the right an officer from HR14.

HR 13-14.jpg

Electoral Hesse (Kurhessen), or Hesse-Kassel, fielded two hussar regiments for the Imperial German Army: HR13 König Humbert von Italien (1.Kurhessisches) and HR14 Landgraf Friedrich III von Hessen-Homburg (2.Kurhessisches).

On the left an NCO from HR 13 and on the right an officer from HR14.

View attachment 28875
More high quality and condition
and also good regiments .
Steve

Oh what beautiful things those are! Nicely done Jeff. I’ve always felt Schirmmützen are under-collected (if that makes sense?) You get the same cloth, colours, and piping of a uniform in an easily displayed Mütze. Plus they make a colourful and attractive display. You clearly have an eye for condition.

Oh what beautiful things those are! Nicely done Jeff. I’ve always felt Schirmmützen are under-collected (if that makes sense?) You get the same cloth, colours, and piping of a uniform in an easily displayed Mütze. Plus they make a colourful and attractive display. You clearly have an eye for condition.
I couldn't have said it better Tony - precisely why I like them. 🙂

Back