Schoene Gruesse

Tarquin

Introducing myself as a new forum member. My name is Ed and I come from the Great White North, aka Canada. I've always been interested in German history, but also got a degree in East European Studies. My great-grandfather was in the 2nd Chevauleger Regiment (Taxis) in the 1890's and was a procurer of horses for the Bavarian Army in WWI. My wish list includes getting a sweet Chevauleger 'haube some day. Looking to learn lots about Imperial German collectibles.

to learn you hit the right spot
interestings things are on discusion here
welcome

Ahhhh....at last, a fellow Canuck and not a Belgian! :D We were being swamped with beer and chocolate. I could handle the beer but the chocolate chaser was a bit much. Anyway welcome to the forum Ed, the guy who has cornered the market on all things Bavarian is James Le Brasseur. He probably has doubles of what you want and yes his family were forced to leave Quebec and flee to Minnesota decades ago.

belgians rule with beer...choclate....football...why not with collecting 'haubes' :p
smal country but big warm people(if i may say so myself)
we will find a place in our hart for a other canadian friend(or from a other country)

jonas

Also welcome from another Belgian #-o ...

To let you get in the mood even more, here are some other Chevauleger thingies...

Adler

Beautiful pieces Bruno and Karel...fantastique! You better watch out Ed, these guys are luring you in with primo examples. You start with one haube and before you know it, you have 20, plus uniforms and other equipment.

before you know it you will grow out of your home
or have to move to a castle
then you cant blame it if you have a shortige of space and was forced to quit collecting haubes and sorts

jonas

Back