Seeking M.Daut

Chip Minx

My name has been linked with that of Marshall Daut for years due to my participation in the making of his five hour set of tapes "Field Grey Uniforms of Imperial Germany 1907-1918". I have been getting requests off and on for copies of these tapes. I have not been in contact with Marshall since he dropped out of collecting back in the mid 1990s. Has anyone heard from Marshall or does anyone know how to contact him? I am under the impression that he had a bunch of his tapes left over in the PAL format.

I have a copy of the original tape in VHS format and it would be easy, I think, to convert it to DVD, but that is something for Marshall himself to do. Any info regarding Marshall would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chip

Hi Chip:

I contacted Marshall by phone in 2006 and purchased the European PAL VHS edition of Field-Grey Uniforms. You are correct, these were his only remaining copies.

The VHS tapes, whether NTSC or PAL, are copy protected by Macrovision. However, the video masters survive, albeit in the virtually obsolete Sony 3/4" U-matic format. Marshall lost money on the whole enterprise, and had no interest in publishing a DVD edition.

Though I can't presently locate Marshall's phone number, I will PM his address.

Chas.

I have the VHS copy, great series if you can find it!

I heard about 6 months ago, that he was collecting again, but strictly photos and postcards??

james

Back