SENIOR NCO HANS SCHWÄBELE MATCHING HEADGEAR

argonne

Good evening Gentlemen,

Senior NCO der Reserve and Offizierstellvertreter Hans Schwäbele just got for a few days a new NCO/Offizier M15 Feldmütze perfectly matching with his GR 119/123 helmet.
It´s worth a good pipe! :wink:

Philippe :salute:

wilhelm3.jpg
[/url]
[/img]
wilhelm2.jpg
[/url]
[/img]
wilhelm1.jpg
[/url]
[/img]
wilhelmz.jpg
[/url]
[/img]

Superb character face Philippe, but the moustache has to be on the space between his lip and nose, It looks now, like all the hair is coming out of his nose. Like Gus.

Hey Tony, unfortunately I don´t know how Gus is looking like...But the moustaches at this time were really uncredibly voluminous and astonishing in their variety of forms!!!
Yes, Brian, I make these characters myself, by looking on old pictures and getting inspirated. It´s my hobby and it´s also an excellent way for me to relax after a working day. It also helps me a little bit to buy some new stuff!!! :happy3:

Great headgear !

Westfront:
Yes, sure! the fellow looks as if he came from the London Dungeon.... :eek:

Amazing piece of art. Is it wax, silicon, rubber...?

Thx,
Francis

Thank you for your kind feedback, Gentlemen!

Tony, the helmet has 91 side posts and the chinstraps have soldered faux rosettes that are covering them and those typical "three dots". Portepee Unteroffizier Reich cockade on the right side and Württemberg Offizier cockade on the left of course have the big center hole to let them fit on the M91 posts.

Francis, the material of the head is a combination of plaster and "cellulose" (=wood paste). The special finish is giving to those heads a waxed appearance, a little bit like sweating skin.(pretty realistic). Those of you who already could visit the Musée Grévin in Paris, Madame Tussauds wax Museum in Berlin or the Panoptikum in Hamburg, are familiar with this discrete and smooth shiny appearance.
Another exemple below with "Schwäbeles" Mütze. (looks a little bit like Joseph Stalin... ) :evil2:

vincentet.jpg
[/url]
[/img]

Jawohl! Schmiss auf der rechten Wange!! Academic student during the Kaiserreich! :!:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academic_fencing
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmiss

[/img]

Two other examples of a Schmiss (already sold and in private collections...): SLEEP WELL TONIGHT!!!

[/img]
tadeus11.jpg
[/url]
[/img]

Back