Shoulder board construction.

USN

Good evening gentlemen,

I recently united the uniform and souvenirs of a Mr. Joe Verburgt which included a nice JR 19 board as well as a cyphered board for the 8th Garde Grenadier regiment, interestingly enough on the back of the board you can see how the cyphers were embroidered and a little bit of the construction. I can include some photos of the whole group if people are interested but for now I figured I would stick with the boards as well as the crest of Selm Germany he apparently pried off something and brought home. I hope you ball enjoy.

20220425_181357.jpg

20220425_181345.jpg

Good evening gentlemen,

I recently united the uniform and souvenirs of a Mr. Joe Verburgt which included a nice JR 19 board as well as a cyphered board for the 8th Garde Grenadier regiment, interestingly enough on the back of the board you can see how the cyphers were embroidered and a little bit of the construction. I can include some photos of the whole group if people are interested but for now I figured I would stick with the boards as well as the crest of Selm Germany he apparently pried off something and brought home. I hope you ball enjoy.

View attachment 21933

View attachment 21934
Thanks .That is interesting .Just think of all the work to do just one shoulder strap
I am sure that you meant to type Leib Grenadier Regt 8
Steve

Reactions: USN
Thanks .That is interesting .Just think of all the work to do just one shoulder strap
I am sure that you meant to type Leib Grenadier Regt 8
Steve
My apologies, I was looking at a guide on my phone and the abbreviated script is a little hard to decipher sometimes. Also yes you can see why they started getting away from the cyphers in the later stages of the war and just used the assigned numbers, much easier and faster to stitch.

Back