worn by the Music Meister
M1 was worn 1898 to 1908
M2 was worn 1908 to 1912
M3 the final model was worn 1912 -
I have seen a couple of Feldgrau examples
and I have one in my collection
A plate of I R 19 shows all 3 examples
A photo of the Music Meister of I R 92 Braunschweig
SteveMusic 1.JPGMusic 2.JPGMusic 3.JPGMusic Meister I R 92.jpegI R 19 music.jpeg

I R 159 is the Feldgrau example
Photo 3 with the 3 straps are Bavarian
the final model 1912 where are all straps
were red regardless of the former color of the strap
Steve

Wow Steve! 🤩🤩🤩

That’s an amazing collection of iper rare boards you have… thanks for posting them! 🙏🙏🙏

The picture of the IR92 Musikmeister is spectacular!! 😱🤩 Do you have the name of him? I couldn’t identify the 7th and 8th medal on his medal bar though… in the end of the bar he’s showing a lot of foreign orders probably awarded when VIP visited Braunschweig and this Musikmeister was responsible of conducting the fanfare at their arrival.

Great stuff!!!! 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍😍😍😍😍

Ciao 👋

The picture of the IR92 Musikmeister is spectacular!! 😱🤩 Do you have the name of him? I couldn’t identify the 7th and 8th medal on his medal bar though…
Hi, maybe it is this guy: IR92 - Obermusikmeister Rudolf Hischer ? (source: Militär-Musiker-Adreßbuch)
> see: "Militär-Musiker-Adressbuch für das Deutsche Reich", 1909 (Link to page 226).
> see: "Militär-Musiker-Adressbuch für das Deutsche Reich", 1913 (Link page 213)
Steve, outstanding collection! ;) Best regards, Jens

Last edited:
Thank you Jens! ;)(y)(y)(y)

Here are the description of the 11 orders & medals on Obermusikmeister Hirscher's bar:
  1. Braunschweig, Orden des Heinrich des Löwen, Verdienstkreuz 1. Klasse, OEK 600;
  2. Sachsen-Königreich, Ehrenkreuz mit Krone, OEK 2223;
  3. Hessen, Verdienstorden Philipps des Grossmütigen, silbernes Kreuz, OEK 836;
  4. Schaumburg-Lippe, Fürstlich Lippischer Hausorden, silbernes Verdienstkreuz, OEK 1220;
  5. Preussen, Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen, OEK 1831;
  6. Preussen, Kaiser Wilhelm I Erinnerungsmedaille 1897, sog. Zentenar Medaille, OEK 1965;
  7. Mecklenburg-Schwerin, silberne Verdienstmedaille Friedrich Franz II., OEK 1305;
  8. Sachsen-Weimar, goldene Verdienstmedaille für Ausländer (OEK ???);
  9. Niederlanden Königreich, Hausorden von Oranien, Verdienstkreuz;
  10. Bulgarien Zarenreich, Zivilverdienstorden, Verdienstkreuz in Silber;
  11. Siam/Thailand Königreich, Orden des Weissen Elefanten, Verdienstmedaille in Gold (siehe Rosette?).

Attachments

• Foto Musikmeister IR92 Detail.png
    Foto Musikmeister IR92 Detail.png
    718.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-09 um 14.59.46.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-09 um 14.59.46.png
    949.4 KB · Views: 7
Thank you Jens! ;)(y)(y)(y)

Here are the description of the 11 orders & medals on Obermusikmeister Hirscher's bar:
  1. Braunschweig, Orden des Heinrich des Löwen, Verdienstkreuz 1. Klasse, OEK 600;
  2. Sachsen-Königreich, Ehrenkreuz mit Krone, OEK 2223;
  3. Hessen, Verdienstorden Philipps des Grossmütigen, silbernes Kreuz, OEK 836;
  4. Schaumburg-Lippe, Fürstlich Lippischer Hausorden, silbernes Verdienstkreuz, OEK 1220;
  5. Preussen, Allgemeines Ehrenzeichen, OEK 1831;
  6. Preussen, Kaiser Wilhelm I Erinnerungsmedaille 1897, sog. Zentenar Medaille, OEK 1965;
  7. Mecklenburg-Schwerin, silberne Verdienstmedaille Friedrich Franz II., OEK 1305;
  8. Sachsen-Weimar, goldene Verdienstmedaille für Ausländer (OEK ???);
  9. Niederlanden Königreich, Hausorden von Oranien, Verdienstkreuz;
  10. Bulgarien Zarenreich, Zivilverdienstorden, Verdienstkreuz in Silber;
  11. Siam/Thailand Königreich, Orden des Weissen Elefanten, Verdienstmedaille in Gold (siehe Rosette?).
Great information
Many thanks
Steve

Wow Steve! 🤩🤩🤩

That’s an amazing collection of iper rare boards you have… thanks for posting them! 🙏🙏🙏

The picture of the IR92 Musikmeister is spectacular!! 😱🤩 Do you have the name of him? I couldn’t identify the 7th and 8th medal on his medal bar though… in the end of the bar he’s showing a lot of foreign orders probably awarded when VIP visited Braunschweig and this Musikmeister was responsible of conducting the fanfare at their arrival.

Ciao 👋
Thank you
Steve
Wow Steve! 🤩🤩🤩

Ciao 👋
He is wearing the 2nd model shoulder strap
so the photo would be between 1908 -1912
before the last model strap in red of 1912
Steve

What’s even more exciting are the details on his swords: it looks like a Totenkopf on the Grip/Handle and below like a miniature of the Maltese enameled cross with of the Brunswick order of Henry the Lion.

It would be interesting to know of what colors were the shoulder boards (base white?) and of the music Schwalbenneste…

Cheers,

Claudio

Attachments

• D0035EA2-A295-40FE-895F-CFDBBCDF2481.jpeg
    D0035EA2-A295-40FE-895F-CFDBBCDF2481.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • 2E213897-1BF1-44C5-A45C-A4E09FA9A4B9.jpeg
    2E213897-1BF1-44C5-A45C-A4E09FA9A4B9.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 16
What’s even more exciting are the details on his swords: it looks like a Totenkopf on the Grip/Handle and below like a miniature of the Maltese enameled cross with of the Brunswick order of Henry the Lion.

It would be interesting to know of what colors were the shoulder boards (base white?) and of the music Schwalbenneste…

Cheers,

Claudio
Yes the sword is very special .
Since he wears the 2nd model of shoulder strap
the base color would be white
In 1912 all music straps went to a red color
this can be confusing
and of the music Schwalbenneste…
This I don't know for sure
If we look at the MM of I R 114 on the postcard
the color is gold and red
Steve