Shoulder straps of pilots of the German Empire

Reingold

Dear colleagues, does anyone collect pilots' shoulder straps? This is one of my favorite topic. For example, the shoulder strap of Lieutenant M1916 of one of the Saxon Royal squadrons (staffel). I will post photos of the shoulder straps of other pilots. Thank you for watching

Attachments

• EIUEuNXIrhg.jpg
    EIUEuNXIrhg.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • wnXTPjiRdGQ.jpg
    wnXTPjiRdGQ.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Hello,

Welcome to the forum!

Would you care to go to the lower area of the home page of the forum, to the area titled: "Social Forum" with the subtitle: "Introduce Yourself" that is at the top of that section?

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself on that section "Introduce Yourself" with a new thread about yourself? Please take a moment there to introduce yourself, and share what your collector interests are, and possibly share how you found us or if a collector friend told you about the forum? You certainly don't have to reveal your last name, and you don't have to use your first name there to introduce yourself if you're not comfortable doing that.

Do you collect any Pickelhaubes, or do you collect only shoulder straps? We're all curious when a new member joins here, and we are always happy to welcome new members.

Again, welcome to the forum!

Best Wishes,

Alan

I continue.
The shoulder strap of Lieutenant. This officer served in some Prussian infantry regiment before joining the aviation. Thank you for watching

Attachments

• Vwwu1URqKJc.jpg
    Vwwu1URqKJc.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8
  • kWv_bOF8Bs4.jpg
    kWv_bOF8Bs4.jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Another shoulder strap of Lieutenant M1915 pattern. This officer served in some Prussian infantry regiment before joining the aviation too. Thank you for watching

Attachments

• JLv1lq1r69M (2).jpg
    JLv1lq1r69M (2).jpg
    822.1 KB · Views: 3
Dear colleagues, does anyone have the number and date of the order according to which the pilot's emblem was introduced on shoulder straps in Germany? Thanks

Reingold

Last edited:
Morning Reingold,

Kriegsministerium Nr. 792/9. 13. A1., published as AKO Nr. 209 of 19 September 1913 introduced the propeller insignia for the Flieger-Bataillone Nr. 1 to 4. Officers did not wear a number.

Regards
Glenn

Flieger.jpg

Back