Shoulderboards

joerookery

This photo comes from pg 3 of the newest "Die Tradition" volume 70 May 2006.
A 300 x 250 CM Tapestry made in 1935.

shoulderboard.jpg

shoulderboard_1.jpg

One of thew reasons I keep my subscription to Kube current.

I have seen several of these over the years and I actually have straps in my collection that came from just such "blankets" The straps are easy to identify as they have the stitching shadow of the strap that was overlaying it. I think one of the German museums has one in the shape of a large Iron Cross. The thing about this one is that there are some straps in it that I have never seen before, like the one in the top center with the huge anchor or the Saxon piece with the "T" over the unit number. Cool. Any chance of getting an enlargement of the entire thing?

Chip

Chip Minx said:
I think one of the German museums has one in the shape of a large Iron Cross.

Yup-er. It is in Rastatt. Here is a photo I took last trip. I probably have around 50 straps from one (or more) of these incredible blankets. No IR47 though.....

straps_rastatt.jpg

Tony,

Good luck with the 47th! You will notice that the examples in these blankets are ones with the pre-March 1913 regimental number. I have never seen an example of the cyphered version either with or without the "PR". It's also one of the last needs for my prewar infantry cyphered strap set. :-({|=

Chip

Back