Show Find

Chip Minx

Not my find (I missed it by about 10 minutes :oops: ), but just to confirm to you all that there are still bargains out there to be found. Today, at a local militaria show at Ft.Leavenworth, Kansas, a fellow collector bought a prewar silver trim dragoon helmet for $65.00. It was complete with cruciform spike base, spike, front plate, etc. It needs a cleaning and some chinscales, but otherwise it's a great piece. So.... miracles still do happen. Keep the faith! [-o<

Chip

Thanks a lot Chip,
Tell your friend that I will double his money.
Gus

Gus,

I already tried that gambit. No soap! I just went to the Bunker to see what pattern it is and it appears to be the M94. It has the Perlring and at the show, I was not sure if that meant anything special. Evidently, all enlisted dragoons had the Perlring. All that was left of the scaled chinstraps were the M91 post attachments and three or four scales. The only problem I saw was that the posts were not present and the scales were held on with some sort of bosses. Unfortunately, the rear visor was too dark to see if there had ever been any unit markings. It's going to look real nice after it's cleaned up a bit.

Chip

I already tried that gambit. No soap!
Yeah Chip, Some guys do not know a good deal when it slaps them in the face. I must say, if it had been me, there would probably have been a puddle on the floor.
Gus

Sorry Otto,
A puddle on the floor is what you get when a puppy (very young dog) gets excited (he/she pees on the floor) If a person gets very excited, the same is possible. Many years ago, a friend of my mother's was involved in an automobile accident in town. She was so upset, she squatted between the wrecked cars, and "wet herself" (urinated). A city policeman that no one liked ran up to the accident and saw the puddle, he yelled "everybody stand back, there is a gas leak!" and then he stuck his finger in the puddle and tasted it to make sure. My mother's friend told my mother that she laughed so hard, that she would have peed again, but she was already dry.
Best wishes
Gus

Back