Soldered wire reinforcement on chapka emblems

Sandmann

Dear friends,
I'm looking for 2 nice photos, one of the front and one of the back, of a Prussian enlisted man's emblem of a chapka M1895. According to the Prussian clothing regulations the chapka eagles should be reinforced with a wire at the claws. I only own a Bavarian officer's chapka and since chapkas are quite rare and photos of the back of their emblems even rarer, I couldn't find an eagle with such reinforced claws.
Can anyone please post 2 good photos of such a reinforced chapka eagle?
That would be really great :)

Thank you so much Tony 🙏 These are great photos that answer my questions. I haven’t seen those reinforcements on other emblems until now and already thought this specification wasn’t followed. Did I miss these photos on kaisersbunker?

Question
Would the Uhlan Prussian line regiment plates
be the same as the Jager plates ?
Steve

Question
Would the Uhlan Prussian line regiment plates
be the same as the Jager plates ?
Steve
No Steve. According to the clothing regulations for officers the eagle on chapkas measured 11,0 cm (height (without crown: 9,5 cm)) x 14,0 cm (width) and the eagle on chakos just 9,6 cm (without crown: 8,5 cm) x 11,0 cm. I think the dimensions were the same for enlisted men.
Further the reinforcements were specified for chapkas only. Unfortunately, I have no idea why the chapka eagle, which was identical in dimensions to the pickelhauben eagle, should have this special feature. This would be very interesting to know :unsure:

Back