Some of my collection.

My apologies, for the quality of the photos, I have a couple of additional shots which I will post. When I first got the Larcade books, I used to always look at the JR 115 pictured on the cover of vol.1 Infantry. I never thought that I would ever own one but the longer you collect, the more things come your way. The JR 115 came out of the province of British Columbia CN of all places. The spike was missing and all the fittings were covered in "tobacco juice". However, i had met Randy T. at the MAX Show and fortunately for me, he had the proper spike.

Superb Brian. 40 collecting years well spent !

There was a Guiness advert many years ago which ran with the strap line...good things come to those who wait...

Great!
Seems to be a pre-war 115 and not a war manufactured hemet.
How do you clean it ?
Thanks.
PP

You have been quite secretive about a collection you can be really proud of, Brian! Lovely Hessians, in particular. Is the 115 a "RBA 18" (the wartime model) ?

You are correct Bruno, that is how it is marked. The brass older style helmet is marked to JR 116. It came out of a Butterfield auction in California decades ago. The Hessen M15 is also marked RBA 18. I bought that at the Collectors Guild while on a visit to The Kaiser’s Bunker.

Some additional photos:
0F11825F-7A3D-476D-BE62-41B71A8A5B36.jpeg
The Or's Garde Artillery helmet seen below sat for decades with an infantry spike on it until I finally clued into the fact that there was no slider vent on the spine! o_O Fortunately I had a proper Garde kugel to complete it. In my early years of collecting when I bought this at a local militaria store I had no idea that artillery M95's had no slider vents. When purchased originally, this helmet had a repro spike on it...not removable for the parade trichter.
290E932A-6380-43E0-88A0-11AD153E69FD.jpeg

My thanks to all for your kind comments. I have OR’ helmets marked to JR’s 93, 94, 95 and 153 (filz helme). I have been very lucky in the category of Saxe Dutchies. 😊 Unfortunately, the 93 came with a regular Prussian line eagle but we know this is legitimate from original photos. Still, I have been looking for a proper Anhalt wappen that fits this helmet for almost 20 years.

Back