sos%202007%20026.jpg

sos%202007%20027.jpg

sos%202007%20028.jpg

sos%202007%20029.jpg

sos%202007%20030.jpg

sos%202007%20051.jpg

sos%202007%20061.jpg

sos%202007%20066.jpg

I lifted these form another forum.... (our stuff.. so I figured it was ok)......

and yes.. James..... I can see your sad face (looks like the spike is right up your nose) :D

Who has all these helmets and what were some of the prices? Especially the metalhelms. A dollar of two? Thanks for the photos from one who could not go!

Chris

Most of these belonged to a dealer from Germany that set up at our tables, awesome helmets at prices I am to scared to write down here!

The great part was we got to look at them and play with them etc. to get a feel for what the real ones look like!

James

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if some of you noticed some french helmets/swords/uniforms before 1900?

Wish someone write a review on the show, mainly more generic on the militaria stuff/quality and prices. Thanks.

Mario

Ian, you can get the dealers' name from Randy Trawnik. First name was Karsten. Some general observations on the SOS:
Prices for helmets were generally high. The Age of Kings table was probably the most realistically priced. The cheapest helmet that I saw which was marked to IR66 was a Prussian M95...$325. This one had no kokarden or chin strap and the Line Eagle was missing the cross on the orb. It was sold by Friday. Helmet prices ranged from $550 to $750 for Prussian Grey M15s, M95's and ersatz felt helmets. These helmets would have original kokarden and chin straps for the most part but were the common ones. The most exotic helmets at the show were brought over by the German dealer who shared our tables. Even H. Weitze did not seem to have as many helmets as the last show. I did not bother to enquire as to the prices of his helmets. There were also the usual parts helmets put together with exotic wappen on them eg JR109. There was no helmet plate for sale under $100US for eg a Prussian M15 plate had a $145 tag on it. There was a table with Prussian M95 wappen for sale at $75 each. He had about 6 of them so they were priced to sell.
I saw an original pair of national and Prussian Kokarden for sale at $65. All of us were commenting on the high prices of helmets. The Saxon Garde Ritter officer helme seen in the pics was I believe 30,000Eu. Whereas there had been quite a few mutzen at the last show there were not many to be found and usually they had moth holes. Good Imperial officer visor caps were going for up to $500. There was one French Dragoon helmet probably WW1 that I saw but some collector had bought it and it just went by the table. Generally, there was no French stuff except the odd Adrian helmet. American militaria domninated the show followed by Nazi items. Brian

I wrote a trip report you can get to from
http://www.pickelhauben.net/books/sos%2007%20trip.html

I also wrote something on a couple of nagging anomalies.

Thanks to all for sharing, amazing stuff!!! :eek:

This guy has a singular name combination:

Rits like rich in English

and

cher which is expensive in French !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mario

Back