Some tropical/Palestine headgear - Bavarian?

Robert

A similar visor cap which was Bavarian recently sold on Ebay. I remember that I was wondering about the large and angled visor - the men really had to wear the caps on the back head. The Picture was taken in Breslau (Prussia). The back only contains the usual greetings etc. and the writer indicates that he is impatient to beeing deployed. No date, no unit.

large_3.jpg

large_1.jpg

large_2.jpg

I'm probably totally wrong, but since they only have the Reich cockade, I would think they'd be Kaiserliche Marine or Imperial troops for Africa or Asia.

The Ebay listing is erased in the wheanwhile, the visor cap had a single bavarian Kokarde and looked fine otherwiese, actually 100% like the ones on the picture. I lack the necessary references to ID it. I do suppose though that the tropical helmets of the other men bear Kokardes with the Reichs colors.

Liongules said:
I'm probably totally wrong, but since they only have the Reich cockade, I would think they'd be Kaiserliche Marine or Imperial troops for Africa or Asia.

I think the state cockade is hidden under the chin strap.
Cheers
Chris

George you must be back in town! I thought you were itching sand fleas. I only wish I could have had this picture in time for Peter to consider. At this point, I really don't know which unit wore which kind of helmet in Macedonia. keeps me looking.

One thing is for sure, they had a good variety in that theater of Operations: Pickelhauben ( leather, filz, scroll,) and these excellant sun helmets.

Great article in ColJ's by the way, Just saw it the other night. Awesome updates!

Geo

Back