SOS 2015

Gustaf

Staff member
Joe requested it, so here it is. I am sure that you will be able to get signed copies of "Great War Dawning" there.
As always, we are looking forward to seeing everyone at Louisville in a few months. Do we need a mannequin for the table,and if so, which one? Maybe Portuguese?

After you got that Portuguese helmet I suggest you make the manikin for the Village People. YMCA you know! [-( [-(

joerookery said:
After you got that Portuguese helmet I suggest you make the manikin for the Village People. YMCA you know! [-( [-(
Yeah, if Paul comes he can wear his cop out fit and we can put you in an Indian outfit!

Guys--
I thought the idea was to encourage collectors to come to SOS and hang out with you. If you keep being so silly on a public forum you're going to scare away the "normal" people! :-$

Cheers,
Peter

Peter_Suciu said:
Guys--
I thought the idea was to encourage collectors to come to SOS and hang out with you. If you keep being so silly on a public forum you're going to scare away the "normal" people! :-$

Cheers,
Peter
Peter,
Normal people are by definition average. We strive not to be normal, but extraordinary. OK, some of us are just weird, but we have fun;)

Peter is right.

There are so many reasons to go to SOS. The most important of which is becoming a known entity. Putting a face with the avatar. You would be surprised how many deals are worked under the table. Prices are better and selection is greater if people know who you are. You can also get some pretty good opinions from a number of people. This really is a shout out to the "lurkers." Those people who read this forum pretty religiously but do not participate. I know there are many as I have emailed many of you. Without question the best bang for your money are research books and the best place to go is SOS. You can learn things and hear things that you will not read on this forum. Many of the top people in this collecting community will be there. This is a great opportunity if only the floor was not made of concrete. I even get tired in a wheelchair. Thinking about those who are walking miles and miles… One of the great things about the show is that you have a home base. A member here can use the tables frequently to stash their purchases and/or coats. Any extra money you wish to give away you can just put in your pocket and Gus will go through your pockets while you are walking the show. There is a pretty nice and constantly growing girls group. These are the nice-looking ones that we drag with us. They get together and do something different – can you believe they don't hang out at the show? There are regularly evening drinking parties in the Robinson room. We get a suite and there are lots of hands-on show and tell opportunities to see what people got. There are some dealers that everyone frequents including Stewart's and AGM. Randy Trawnik regularly has a small selection of helmets from the age of Kings. The people there will regularly accompany you to a "find" on one of the tables before you purchase it to validate/give it another set of eyes. The home base gives you a place to get off your feet as we regularly have extra chairs for people looking for postcards. It's a lot of fun and Gus does not smell that bad.

joerookery said:
Peter is right.
Gus does not smell that bad.
This might not be as true right now, as we are remodeling our bathroom, and we have only had an indoor commode for a couple of weeks, but will not be able to shower for another three weeks as we wait for the floor to set. I hope to be able to shower before coming to SOS, but I can not be sure of it.

Sadly the cost of an air ticket to travel a hemisphere away makes this impossible for me :(

Bungo said:
Sadly the cost of an air ticket to travel a hemisphere away makes this impossible for me :(
There really is so sad. Easy to understand difficult and expensive from down under and Europe. Some Europeans make it a pilgrimage but I don't think I've seen anyone from Oz. it is really too bad. We would love to have you and many others. We just got back from a cruise in northern Europe where about 25% of the passengers were from Australia. That is one heck of a flight to Copenhagen and incredibly expensive.

FYI... the hotels are expensive for SOS 2015. I did a search and everything close is a lot more than last year or the year before. I'm booked at the lovely Rodeway Inn! Ugh.

Peter_Suciu said:
FYI... the hotels are expensive for SOS 2015. I did a search and everything close is a lot more than last year or the year before. I'm booked at the lovely Rodeway Inn! Ugh.

I am sleeping in the trunk of my car:)

Gustaf said:

Ray with the Japanese swords who sets up next to my tables actually did sleep in his truck last year. I begged him to get a room this time, as he has a heart condition and as much as I'd like another table I don't want poor Ray to die because he didn't want to spring for a room!

Peter_Suciu said:
Gustaf said:

Ray with the Japanese swords who sets up next to my tables actually did sleep in his truck last year. I begged him to get a room this time, as he has a heart condition and as much as I'd like another table I don't want poor Ray to die because he didn't want to spring for a room!

Hey wait, I have a heart condition and you never begged me to get a room, what gives?

Gustaf said:
Hey wait, I have a heart condition and you never begged me to get a room, what gives?

I didn't know you have a heart condition... you also have a camper. Maybe you could take in some guests!

Peter_Suciu said:
Gustaf said:

I didn't know you have a heart condition... you also have a camper. Maybe you could take in some guests!
At 200 bucks a head I would have some spending money, but the restrooms at the camping area are not always the best. I thought James was a tough northern climate sort of guy, but he whined about having to break the ice before he used the toilets, heck it was not even a half inch thick.
As far as the heart condition goes, I guess it is not too bad, because my last pharmacist did not really like me,and he would substitute laxative for my heart meds. When he retired, I could not believe how much better I felt. If you want to stir up your doctor, tell him that your prescription ran out a month ago and you did not have time to get them renewed.

If you want to stir up your doctor, tell him that your prescription ran out a month ago and you did not have time to get them renewed.

Yup, they get a bit peckish when you pull that on them

Keith

Hi Joe: Caron is looking to book our rooms at the Hilton Garden. Is there any discount offered to SOS attendees?

The room is booked at the Hilton Garden.....looking forward to eating Joey's pizza!

Back