SOS 2016 #3

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I regarded my visit to the SOS as a 3 fold mission....sell some things, buy some items and take pictures for those members who could not attend. So some additional photos:

This was a very impressive JR 55 uberzug which John Kitts had for sale.

I flipped over the M15 Prussian helmet above and found another set of JR 97 markings. If you remember, I bought an M95 OR helme at the show with JR 97 markings, quite a surprise. There will be more pics of what I bought once I finally get home. I have to take the photos but believe me, it isn't much.

Continuing on with John Kitts pieces....a great set of busby manufacturer markings. There was an uberzug on this M15 busby, my apologies for not taking a pic of the entire piece.

A stone mint pair of UR 15 boards. They were so pristine that I had to ask Bruce if they were originals.

Now we get to the Weitze offering:

The JR 115 officer helme shown had an interesting History...it had extra holes from being converted from a round base helme to a cruciform base. It also had extra holes in the front where the JR 115 wappen had been added. Seeing this, no collector would purchase such a piece. However, there was provenance that came with this helme. Original paper work and fotos came with the piece. The paper work outlined how this Prussian officer had been transferred to JR 115 and the fotos showed him wearing this exact helmet. Obviously, this guy was pretty cheap, he had his helmet reworked to JR 115 and wore it during his extensive service with this Regt.

JR 92 officer, a very impressive grouping.

that are all pieces that i would look at to ,nice to look at in close up
aspecialy those 2 schirmutze with the deadhead
those are verry nice indeed
i do have a question
i do not know if this is the right place to do so but did you ever see a entire m17 feldgraue schirmutze for braunsweig husaren
i am trully sorry for asking this question in the wrong section

jonas

No problem Jonas, your question asks if I saw anything like that at the SOS so this is the correct section to post in. Unfortunately, no I did not see that kind of schirmutze.

and would you by any chance know if that type even was worn and if possibly know where i might find information on that specific schirmutze

jonas

Sorry, Jonas I can not help you with that information. However, there must be be some member here who can answer your questions.

That made-up garbage fantasy helmet and cap keep turning up every year. Some poor sod buys it, then flips it once he realizes he has been suckered. Here is a thread on it. It is like a bad penny, it keeps coming back.

http://pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1696&hilit=minenwerfer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

b.loree said:

b.loree said:
I regarded my visit to the SOS as a 3 fold mission....sell some things, buy some items and take pictures for those members who could not attend. So some additional photos:

This was a very impressive JR 55 uberzug which John Kitts had for sale.

Hey Brian, Thanks for posting all of the photos! I have a stupid question. Is this the inside of the helmet with the JR55 uberzug? If so, am I correct in assuming that these weren't supposed to be an uberzug associated directly with the helmet?

:D Ron

That is the helmet upon which the uberzug was placed. So the markings did not match up with JR 55. One could buy both or each separately.

b.loree said:
That is the helmet upon which the uberzug was placed. So the markings did not match up with JR 55. One could buy both or each separately.

That's what I figured was going on. Thanks Brian.

:D Ron

Back