SOS 2017 B Loree #2

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
More photos from the SOS:
This Bavarian filz was brought to the show for sale by James. It had 2 interesting characteristics, an original chin strap with neusilber fittings and a stamped support disc on the inside.

The disc reads: 1914 Carl Goldschmidt B Luckenwalde. This was very interesting as few manufacturers stamped the support disc.

Janet Robinson at our table and the hauben we had for sale.

A Hessen officer haube with a matching tunic.

M15 Kurassier with original chin strap, kokarden were the smaller infantry style. Cross on orb is missing, but the liner was in excellent shape..

A collection of wappen on Larry Stewart's table. I bought the 2 M15 tschako wappen. All of the Prussian line wappen were old style with screw posts. Too bad the 1850's bird was broken, or I would have bought that as well. Larry told me these wappen came from a "hoarder's house" which had been cleared out after his death. He had worked for an auction house during the 1950's and this is probably where these were bought. Nice Pioneer OR's wappen as well. There was a good selection of wappen for sale at the Show. There were 2 nice Bavarian brass OR's (brass) and a German dealer had a good selection which are shown in my first post.

Fire officer helme on the left (crossed axes) and Grenadier on the right. Incorrectly identified as a Garde Dragoon.

Swedish haube on the left, Landwehr officer (middle) then another unknown to me.

More to come!

Thanks for the photos .
Nice work .
I always see things that I did not get to see at the show
I just did make all the isles this year
after most of the money I took
was gone what was the use ?
Steve

WOW. There is another one of those Landwehr Tschakos with the white stripes at the top! There have been several articles on this forum asking what this is. Did anybody ever find out????

John :eek:

SkipperJohn said:
WOW. There is another one of those Landwehr Tschakos with the white stripes at the top! There have been several articles on this forum asking what this is. Did anybody ever find out????

John still no idea, dealer did not know either. this one was missing liner.

James

SkipperJohn said:

Still a good question John

I will never go to this show( since I live in Europe) but it looks very interesting. I understand better why so many members of PH wanted to go here !

Yes, it is "the big one" for us here in North America. No other show can compare.
Some additional photos from the SOS 2017:

These painted markings were in a scrapper arty haube shell that I almost bought, however, the dealer wanted $210US for the shell, a broken wappen and kugel. I talked myself out of it but with the help of Chas, I took this photo to add to our markings collection. Foot Arty Regt 9, 1897, 2nd Batterie 1903, 5.B, IV.

This was a decent helmet for $950US and James and I went back for a second look but the red interior on the rear visor was all torn so, he passed on it.

A decorated piece....war art.

Kurassier tunic.

A selection from Weitze's table.

Looks like it was a hell of a show with al those helmets =P~
Will not be for me to go to cos of the distance cince i am from belguim
The biggest show i atend to is ciney
If more pics let them come

Jonas

That felt tschapka is on Weitze's Web site right now...for a whopping 2950 euros!!!!! This same helmet sold for about 900 euros on another auction site back in 2016....

Talk about inflation... :eek:

Pontiac9999 said:
That felt tschapka is on Weitze's Web site right now...for a whopping 2950 euros!!!!! This same helmet sold for about 900 euros on another auction site back in 2016....

Talk about inflation... :eek:

YIKES !!!!!!!!!!!!

You are welcome gentlemen. It is nice to be able to share with members all over the world. :thumb up:

b.loree said:
You are welcome gentlemen. It is nice to be able to share with members all over the world. :thumb up:
Thank you so much . Will there be more photos? I would like even more :)

oh yes, there are plenty of bad helmets at the show as well, you need to be careful and sometimes ask for second opinions from others.

James

Back