SOS 2019

Gustaf

Staff member
We need to get started planning for the next show, I think James has already sent in his table papers, I have changed the oil on the pick up and drained the holding tank on the camper, I am ready.

Gustaf said:
We need to get started planning for the next show, I think James has already sent in his table papers, I have changed the oil on the pick up and drained the holding tank on the camper, I am ready.

Already looking forward to it. I already paid for next year's show.

But first there is the Baltimore Antique Arms Show, Ohio Civil War & Artillery Show, OVMS in June, New England Antique Arms Show, MAX Show, OVMS in November and a couple Michigan Antique Arms Shows. I do enjoy the shows a lot! Throw in a Toronto Military Show, a few local shows and maybe the Chicago Civil War Show and I'll be walking a lot of aisles!

When I made hotel reservations the Hilton Garden Inn was already sold out. So I switched to the Holiday Inn. There must be a Barbie doll convention in town.

Amy,

You are coming! At last I can finally meet you. Do you still live in Singapore? What an international group we have!

joerookery said:
Amy,

You are coming! At last I can finally meet you. Do you still live in Singapore? What an international group we have!
I'm with Joe, are you bringing that old man who tries to move your helmets to his bunker for safe keeping too?

Yes, something big besides our show must be going on, rooms are hard to find.

I just got our rooms at same hotel as Joe!

Holiday INN Louisville Airport 447 Farmington Ave Louisville

we stayed there a couple years ago, not bad at all. Close to convention center.

James

I HOPE the dates don't move as we booked already. I'm pretty sure these dates are pretty much locked in stone, but I have enough other things to worry about.

According to my wife who does all of our bookings, this is common. Many hotels do not book this far ahead and if they do, the price is outrageous!

Yes I am Coming with hubby. We will go los Angeles and gamble our money in Las Vegas before the show. Its a 18 hrs flight for me so we might as well spend time in USA. Yap I am based in Singapore while hubby is in Australia. I am looking forward to meet u guys and compete with buying the goodies hehe

Amybellars said:
Yes I am Coming with hubby. We will go los Angeles and gamble our money in Las Vegas before the show. Its a 18 hrs flight for me so we might as well spend time in USA. Yap I am based in Singapore while hubby is in Australia. I am looking forward to meet u guys and compete with buying the goodies hehe

OOOOHHHH!That means the bunker in OZ is going to be unsecured, I will have to gas up the truck. You need to stop in Vegas after the show, the tables at SOS are much kinder than the ones in Vegas!

Poop! I have lost the map to Rod's bunker, I guess I will be seeing you both at SOS instead of driving to Australia next February.

Lol. Haha u will need more than a trunk. We have tanks in the shedssssssss. So u will need help. Yes u will see us both and we will try to win some money to buy military stuff

I was not going to take a trunk, I was taking a truck, but it would seen the road to OZ is washed out right now, Looking forward to meeting two of the founding members face to face!

Small man wearing cowboy boots and a large cowboy hat, whiskered face and glasses! :) All kidding aside, the tables are numbered, the Show booklet has a map showing table locations. In addition and more importantly, the Pickelhaubes.com Banner will be displayed above the tables.......Right James? :thumb up:

The other thing you could do is just take a good sniff. Gus is often located by his body odor. I will be in the cafeteria – selling smokes.

joerookery said:
The other thing you could do is just take a good sniff. Gus is often located by his body odor. I will be in the cafeteria – selling smokes.
I have learned it is more fun to say "Do you smell popcorn?" instead of saying "Excuse me" when I fart.

Amybellars said:
How do I recognise u at the show?

You need to remember to look for James LeBrasseur's table, as it is in his name, not in the name of Pickelhaubes. It will be easy to recognize me, as I am the one who always has to stay at the table while every one else is out buying treasures.

On another note....my forum "Public Relations Team" sadly let me down at the Show as our Banner was "accidently" left behind somehow in Minnesota. :( This led to my most embarrassing moment of the Show when a member from Norway had to have me paged over the Show's PA so that he could find us. As usual, we left Gus behind to guard our tables and met a happy Norwegian who wanted to show us his latest purchase from Age of Kings....a Garde Train Batt Officer helmet. So all ended well and we did get some free publicity as "Pickelhaubes.com" was announced throughout the hall!

Back