SOS 2020

Kaiser Bill

It has been way too long since I posted to this forum. Looking forward to returning to the hobby now that the dust is settling from the move. Any information on the SOS in 2020. Where do most people stay? Thanks in advance. Bill

Bill good to hear from you, a bunch of us are stating at the Home 2 suites which is right by an entrance to the fairgrounds. Many also stay at the Hilton Garden INN.

Hope to see you there

James

Yes indeed Bill, you have been away far too long, great to have you back with us! :D

Look on Hotels.com for room rates, but look SOON. There is the gun show, flea market and I believe other events going on as usual so rooms fill up fast and can get very expensive.

And while SOS will likely go on as usual after last year's issues I've started to book refundable rooms for all the shows I do now. We never know when unfortunately the other shoe will drop.

There are a number of new hotels in the area as well, a "Tru" (Hilton property) popped up next to the Hampton Inn / Springhill Suites, and there is a new Holiday Inn property in the neighborhood, or so I am told. Many choices, but as Peter said - book now. I see that the OVMS website SOS hotel data is out of date.. will bring that to Mr. Combs' attention. They negotiated some group blocks at a few of the Phillips Lane and Crittenden Drive hotels last year; the hotels tried to help as best they could, but with all that is going on there, they just did not have much incentive to make special deals - the weekend is a guaranteed sellout.

Well, it looks like SOS will be canceled for me this year, Jeff has posted his latest catalogue and by 3:05 Central time I should be bankrupt.

Due to slow interweb service, it looks like I can still afford to drive to Kentucky.

Glad to hear you'll be able to make it to SOS. I was going to suggest you come anyway to pick your items from Jeff!

Looking forward to seeing all you guys in just two weeks!

Gustaf said:
Well, it looks like SOS will be canceled for me this year, Jeff has posted his latest catalogue and by 3:05 Central time I should be bankrupt.
And you are still rich after 3.05 central time. :D :p

Amybellars said:
Gustaf said:
And you are still rich after 3.05 central time. :D :p

Not rich, but not as poor as I wished to be.

Entrée.. I know Brian will post rest of pics.

This is what Randy has on his tables.

We can see them on his website but seeing them all nicely sitting there is just like helmets yelling 'come and bring me home' :D

Attachments

• 20200221_144406_resized.jpg
    20200221_144406_resized.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 11,892
  • 20200221_144400_resized.jpg
    20200221_144400_resized.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 11,892
Nice pictures Amy, thanks for sharing them!

Did Randy also have a Baden M15 at his table? I am looking at his Baden M15 on his website for some time now...
Looking forward to more pictures from all you people in the chance to be at SOS this year!
Have a nice time there with the rest of the members of this forum. :)

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

Hi Coert

Yes Randy has a M15 Baden on his stand.

Here's the side view

Attachments

• 20200221_144417_resized(1).jpg
    20200221_144417_resized(1).jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 11,870
Hello to all our members, as usual I have taken lots of photos to put up here on the forum. These will be posted soon after we have finished the Show and get back south. It was great to meet Amy again and we had a good conversation about collecting Hauben. She has sent me two pics of her personal "Haul" which I will post as well. Once again, she had an excellent Show as did Gus, Pete, Badener and James! And yes, I bought a few items as well :D. We have to finish the show tomorrow afternoon, pack up and hit the road. So be patient everyone, we all have some travelling to do before we get posting SOS 2020. :thumb up:

Back