SOS goodies from 2010

Gustaf

Staff member
Here is my small bit of goodies from the show, the headgear is not pointy, but it does have a Maple leaf in honor of the 2010 Olympics. The revolver is a nice French M1892, the braces are a nice set of US Mills 1907, and the ink well is a V-B in fair nick. I swiped the ink pen from James along with $150 I got for his knife. And the Kaiser beer is rather good, although it only takes a sip to put me under the table, as I am use to the water beer we get around here.
sos2010001.jpg

Not nearly as good a haul as Slim, but the freindship was really the best part of the show.
Best wishes
Gus

Congrats Gus..I would take that CEF visor cap any day. I don't have one so as a true Canuck it really belongs north of the 49th with me. However, I know your true fascination with the Great White North.....your History of trying to get into our country...with grenade unfortunately and your love of our different coloured ( note spelling with the proper "u") folding money. Its ok Gus just leave your shootin irons in Idaho and come North young man with that lovely bride of yours!! Theres lots of water up here and stronger beer! Anyway, Guster all kidding aside I am very glad that you had a great show and it was a pleasure to meet you at a couple of SOS shows, we will do it again. Brian
PS: honor is actually spelt honour.

Yup, I knew I misspelled honour when I typed it. As for as coming north, it sounds like The Great White North is going to become a user friendly nation again when it comes to firearms, it would seem that the anti gun crowd's promise of less crime was a false one. The incedent with the grenade on the Canadian boarder is the reason I have had to start collecting ink wells instead of rifle grenades.
I have a T shirt for you , Brian, but I need a mailing address, I drank your beer:)
Best
Gus

Nice Finds!

As for beer... Yes, if you look at Miller, Bud, etc. Canada wins hands down, but we have some pretty good micro-breweries here in Wisconsin (you are welcome to come and sample any time!). Americans are finally developing their tastes for good beers. I had to go to Germany to learn about it myself, so that was FUN.

:D Ron

Hey Gustav,

As a former soldier, I've handled a lot of firearms from pistols to tanks and artillery, including just about everything in between; US and foreign.
The problem with US gun laws is that there's no punishment for those who misuse them. Until we get tougher on crimes committed with fire arms, the folks who collect, hunt, target shoot and are just enthusiasts will always be set upon by those who look at crime and blame the lax gun laws here. It's too bad, because the collector of today supplies the museum of tomorrow.

Canadians should take a clue from the US and be smarter about their laws. Punish the criminals, not the law abiding folks.

:D Ron

Hey Ron,
I agree, we have been to lax on the criminals, because they had a bad childhood, were abused or they are not mentally healthy, giving every criminal an excuse. The banishment of cruel and unusual punishment has been taken so far that criminals have not been imprisoned because they were old, and a 10 year sentence would be a "death sentence"
We in the US need to remember that the law that gives us the right to own weapons, was not written for the collector, or the sportsman, it was written for the citizen to be able to protect him/herself, and in WWII, the second ammendment stopped the Japanese from planning an invasion of the US becase there would be an American behind every blade of grass with a weapon.
But I think this may be wandering off on a political tangent, and I blame you (OK I started it, but I am very good at blaming everyone but me:)
Best wishes
Gus

Thanks Mark,
I am rather chuffed to ad such a nice bit of head gear to the collection, a large number of boys from this part of the world served with the CEF before the US got into the fray.
Best
Gsu

Back