SOS Pictures 2018

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I am experiencing technical difficulties at the SOS with downloading pictures. Many have been taken but using my iPhone not my usual camera. I may have to wait until I get back home before posting. :( This is what happens when you were not born into the computer age.

That is lame. Go get James' son the square you away. there are many people who can help. What a copout. Does anyone really believe that. You are just too busy.

We asked Eric for help and he could not fix it either. The problem is that when pics are on an iPhone the pic files have to be transferred via the internet and the internet or "webernet" as Gus calls it in our hotel sucks. It is so slow that one can't watch Netflix without stoppages. So yes, busy but I am fully aware of my obligations and do try my best to fulfill them. We have tried numerous options....so not "lame" and not a "cop out".

Why don't you just email me the pictures or send them in a message. I can then transfer and put them up?

Joe you where missed at the show, especially by my son Eric, he mentioned numerous times that he wished you where there

James

Yes Joe, you were definitely missed at the show by all of us. The show was just not the same without you there.

I brought my camera again this year, and ended up not taking a single photo with it, unfortunately. Second year in a row I didn't take any photos.

My hat goes off to Brian and anyone else who takes the time and effort to take photos while walking around the show, as it really does take a lot of time and effort to do so.

Alan

Here are some pictures of a rather rare Felt Tschapka that a French collector had purchased and Brian and I saw sitting under his table, he was kind enough to let us take a couple pictures.

You do not see Felt Silver trimmed OR Tschapka's everyday, not in mint condition but a nice piece.

James

I posted some photos of the show (general photos) on my Plunderer Pete's Militaria Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/plundererpete/

And I will add -- the only downside of the show was the prices. This video explains how I felt about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ip8gspFaH8

The front visor was part of the helmet just as all filz helmets are made. An exceedingly rare piece which I have only seen in period photos.

Some pics of some of the Pickelhaube.com members at the show

1) Gus and Maggie

2) Brian and Caron

3) My son Eric with a guy next to us with a plumbers crack

4) My brother Paul and Brian

5) the Ladies, My wife Lori, Caron and Maggie

We sure missed not having Janet and Joe there this year, hopefully next year.

James

I am back in Canada but not yet home. This was the first time that I was forced to use my iPhone to take pics...why because I left my camera battery charger at home. I could not use my regular camera and usual posting method. It took 2hrs of coaching from my son via phone to finally get pics transferred from IPhone to laptop in Louisville. Then, they would not post from either of 2 hotel locations. I believe that it has to do with picture size because I have had no problems in the past when using my camera. We will be home on Friday and I will be seeing Logan on Sunday. We will address the problem and get the remainder of the pictures posted. I appreciate your patience and if you have no patience....so be it.

My coverage for Military Trader - including photos of the set up:
http://www.militarytrader.com/military-trader/ohio-valley-military-society?utm_content=buffer66dba&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Back